Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Bob playing with Reed tomorrow, which could be a good thing for him going by this.

It's interesting he says that because I've noticed Reed seems quite relaxed and chatty whenever I've seen him playing over here. 

He wouldn't be the first American who seems to enjoy playing the European Tour possibly more than the PGA Tour.

Are we not going a wee bit over the top with the Reed stuff here. I'll chuck in Sky mentioning he's 'a great supporter of the European Tour' every 5 fucking minutes.

The guy only gets on a plane a few times a year to Dubai and Wentworth.

We'll be giving him a carriage clock and a lifetime membership of the tour at this rate ffs.

25 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Are we not going a wee bit over the top with the Reed stuff here. I'll chuck in Sky mentioning he's 'a great supporter of the European Tour' every 5 fucking minutes.

We'll be giving him a carriage clock and a lifetime membership of the tour at this rate ffs.

He got that in 2019.

There’s something in that but to be fair to the guy he’s talked up both the event and the European Tour in general. I’m no fan of Reed but good on him in this instance.

46 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Will he be in your fantasy team though? 

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There’s something in that but to be fair to the guy he’s talked up both the event and the European Tour in general. I’m no fan of Reed but good on him in this instance.

Aye, I've no complaints about him and Morikawa coming over. I'm maybe a bit more cynical when it comes to Reed's motivations for playing over here.

The allegations of cheating and improving lies that follow Reed around, is there any solid proof of them. Is it allegations from other players or fans? The videos on YouTube don’t really show anything concrete, and he would need to be a proper idiot to be out on the PGA Tour with everyone and their granny watching his every move to try anything like that. He seems to have quite an abrasive character but I’ve never really got the hatred that some fans have for him. 

The allegations of cheating and improving lies that follow Reed around, is there any solid proof of them. Is it allegations from other players or fans? The videos on YouTube don’t really show anything concrete, and he would need to be a proper idiot to be out on the PGA Tour with everyone and their granny watching his every move to try anything like that. He seems to have quite an abrasive character but I’ve never really got the hatred that some fans have for him. 

My understanding is that he got the rep as a cheater in college golf. That could be rubbish though.

I've heard that the European Tour are releasing their 2021 schedule on Tuesday, so I'll get the full list of bonus point events for the fantasy league up that night. I've also decided to put up a couple of small prizes for the league in the shape of the free bets I get from Skybet.

It's Fitzpatrick's to lose now, -17 should be enough.  He's played some nice stuff today.
Won the tourney, but Westwood birdied the last to finish top of the Order of Merit, oldest man to win it.

Disappointing 5 over round by Robert MacIntyre to finish T23rd, Warren T32nd, Syme T36th, Jamieson 48th and Forrest 64th. Still some decent prize money for them.

Won the tourney, but Westwood birdied the last to finish top of the Order of Merit, oldest man to win it.

Disappointing 5 over round by Robert MacIntyre to finish T23rd, Warren T32nd, Syme T36th, Jamieson 48th and Forrest 64th. Still some decent prize money for them.

Really pleased for Fitzpatrick and Westwood. Tremendous effort by both today.