Golfers Thread

Gaz

Making Pieters play it out of the sprinkler 
It was bonkers. Some brainless wonder had painted the red hazard line across the middle of the sprinkler. Pieters ball had landed inside the hazard line so therefore he wasn't entitled to relief as he was in the hazard, but would have been if the line had been painted in the right place.

I’ve had a couple of small bets on the match play so far this week, unsuccessfully so far, but my bigger gripe is whatever match I choose to bet on gets absolutely minimal live coverage. I know Sky are relying on the American feed, but they seem to choose 3 or 4 matches and just stick to them religiously no matter what. Prime example on Wednesday DJ was playing in a right to and fro match with Hughes and it hardly got a second of screen time. I’ve still not seen a single shot MacIntyre has played either. 

I’ve backed Cameron Young against Munoz tonight and having to rely on the PGA app to let me know what’s going on, they are thru 10 holes and haven’t been shown once. 

I’ve had a couple of small bets on the match play so far this week, unsuccessfully so far, but my bigger gripe is whatever match I choose to bet on gets absolutely minimal live coverage. I know Sky are relying on the American feed, but they seem to choose 3 or 4 matches and just stick to them religiously no matter what. Prime example on Wednesday DJ was playing in a right to and fro match with Hughes and it hardly got a second of screen time. I’ve still not seen a single shot MacIntyre has played either. 

I’ve backed Cameron Young against Munoz tonight and having to rely on the PGA app to let me know what’s going on, they are thru 10 holes and haven’t been shown once. 
Seeing plenty of Bob v Sergio. All square thru 10.

Just now, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seeing plenty of Bob v Sergio. All square thru 10.

Yep, his putt on the 8th was the first shot I’ve seen from him since Wednesday. 

Im following the Conners Noren match on the PGA app and there’s been some real drama with both players finding the water at 12, and I was expecting the live feed to show that but they didn’t bother. 

Shout out for Richard Bland going through his group unbeaten, beating Westwood and Gooch and halving with DeChambeau. He plays DJ tomorrow.

Bob and Sergio all over the place on 12, Bob nicks it by holing a putt from downtown, Sergio misses from much closer, Bob goes 1 up.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bob sticks one in very close on 14, and wins with a birdie to go 2 up.

As much as I want to see Bob win, I would have quite liked to see a Garcia Morikawa play off. Kokrak could throw a spanner in the works if he can manage to win one of the two remaining holes though. 

Does that defeat mean Bland has no chance of making The Masters now? Would have been good to see him making his debut there, he comes across like a really genuine guy. If you seen him standing at the bar in your golf club you wouldn’t give him a second glance, but at age 49 he’s amongst the best golfers on the planet. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Does that defeat mean Bland has no chance of making The Masters now? Would have been good to see him making his debut there, he comes across like a really genuine guy. If you seen him standing at the bar in your golf club you wouldn’t give him a second glance, but at age 49 he’s amongst the best golfers on the planet. 

I don't think the cut off date is just yet but he's probably going to need to pull a rabbit out of the hat very soon if he wants to get in.