Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big Max stuff is decent.

My actual bag is one of their waterproof hybrid stand/cart bags. It's absolutely tremendous

It’s a brand I’ve never heard of before but the travel bag looks more than decent, and it’s some size for 80 quid. I was expecting to pay much more than that I was thinking a couple of hundred for a decent one so its a saving. 

Harold Varner had the mother of all implosion last night. He 4 putted the 12th from 15 feet, then followed that with a double and another triple bogey.

Sam Burns beat Scheffler in a playoff.

In Europe Victor Perez holed some ridiculous putts to see off Ryan Fox after a 4 hole playoff.

39 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Harold Varner had the mother of all implosion last night. He 4 putted the 12th from 15 feet, then followed that with a double and another triple bogey.

In Europe Victor Perez holed some ridiculous putts to see off Ryan Fox after a 4 hole playoff.

Aye Warner was out in 33 but back in 45 😂😞

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Here's some of Victor's putts from the playoff.

That was truly sensational from Perez - three times he looked out of things and made unbelievable putts to keep himself in the play-off

He also qualifies for the Open at St Andrews - not that the Dundee resident will likely need accommodation.

I had him as captain in my DP World tour fantasy team, however I was overtaken in our wee mini league by someone who had Fox - the new scoring system is quite bizarre, rewarding eagles, birdie and low rounds of the day etc....not always necessarily the winner scoring most points.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I watched that in my bed last night it was nuts.Felt really sorry for Hv3 as supposedly one of the good guys and always comes across well and unlike some hung around and signed autographs for all the kids etc 

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

First ever round in the US, so In reality since 2011.
Somewhere around the 100 mark emoji22.png

Don't be hard on yourself, there's every chance you've done enough to earn an invite into one of Greg Norman's LIV events. 

In all seriousness, 100 after not playing for 11 years isn't bad at all. 

Whoever chose this pin position for a girls competition in the USA is obviously hoping to get a job at the US Open. The likes of Billy Horschel has spoken out criticising the pin. 
Saw that the other day, utterly ridiculous pin position. If you lag a putt to within 18 inches or so you are entitled to think it might stay there.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Disappointed in a few there. What a knob DJ is. Do we see any of this affecting Ryder Cup chances? I'd be happy if none of the Europeans were picked again, greedy c***s. Interesting to see what happens with the releases now.

Based on his performances over the last year and the amount of Americans coming through, I'm not sure he would be making any more teams anyway. He has come out of this looking by far the worst out of anyone in the field. 

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Someone will need to haud me back from watching this stellar field!

Yeah. A few big names, most of whom are past their best, a bunch of middling players and then another bunch who I've never heard of. 

Interesting that they haven't been able to fill the field. Not sure whether that's because they are keeping spots open for a few players who are still to make up their mind, or due to lack of interest. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Based on his performances over the last year and the amount of Americans coming through, I'm not sure he would be making any more teams anyway. He has come out of this looking by far the worst out of anyone in the field. 

Yeah. A few big names, most of whom are past their best, a bunch of middling players and then another bunch who I've never heard of. 

Interesting that they haven't been able to fill the field. Not sure whether that's because they are keeping spots open for a few players who are still to make up their mind, or due to lack of interest. 

No Phil listed and DJ must have a few coke dealers still to pay off.Most disappointed at Laurie Canter getting a few starts in the states now and playing in majors.

Us open will be fun when Dj turns up and gets told to bolt if the noises coming from the Uspga are to be believed 

Just reading that Djs sponsors have started chucking him 

Edited by doulikefish