Golfers Thread

Gaz

They always like to throw stats up during rounds. Showed one earlier that Jordan Smith leads the GIR stats this year by a mile on 73.78%, Ewen Ferguson was second on 71.8%, that's a big difference.

The old saying of putt for dough springs to mind though, as he is ranked 142nd with 1.76 putts per green in regulation. Aaron Cockerill leads that particular stat with 1.51 putts per GIR, that's potentially 4.5 shots per round. You can guess what Smith should be working on this winter.

Coetzee triple bogeys 15, Pieters doubles it. Both 3 behind the leaders now.

Craig Howie, Grant Forrest and Scott Jamieson all finished on 2 under. Howie creeping up the rankings, now projected to be 137th, a couple more decent finishes should see him keep his card.

30 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bob in the clubhouse on 8 under after a closing 68. Currently tied 9th, the sort of finish he needs to be producing more often to get himself back into the top 50 and the Ryder Cup spots.

A good fortnight's work for Bob. Migliozzi finishes with a great birdie at the last for a 62 and a 1 shot lead. 

On 17/09/2022 at 11:24, pozbaird said:

That’s me now played Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, and Bishopbriggs all for the first time, in a two week spell of great weather. Will definitely stick my name in for the Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs Senior Opens next season. Both in great condition. Like most ‘normal’ courses, a couple of bland holes here and there, and I didn’t like the 4th hole at Bishopbriggs, but mostly really excellent courses. The stretch at Bishopbriggs from the 14th thru 17th are brilliant holes. 18th is more straightforward, but a nice finishing hole. Won’t play Lenzie again, that hill up their 5th hole. It’s a killer. 🫣

Try Clober, green keepers are top guys and when I worked the clubhouse visitors always complimented the course, esp greens.

Just watching the Presidents Cup. Si Woo Kim has got right under Thomas's skin. JT looks absolutely angry at the world.
Matchplay seems to bring out the c**t in Thomas, he was moaning at the Ryder Cup too when putts weren't conceded, yet he wouldn't concede similar putts himself. Glad he lost.