Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, Marlo Stanfield said:

It's virtually unheard of for high profile players to be put on the clock in a high profile event.

2 and a half hours for a 2 ball to play 9 holes.

Thats brutal. I actually encountered the worst slow play iv ever seen the other week. 2 guys caught and holding up our 3, even the 4 behind us caught up and were absolutely seething. I absolutely LOATHE slow play. Inconsiderate wankers. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats brutal. I actually encountered the worst slow play iv ever seen the other week. 2 guys caught and holding up our 3, even the 4 behind us caught up and were absolutely seething. I absolutely LOATHE slow play. Inconsiderate wankers. 

If you’re going to be slow then fine…..but let folk Through. If you don’t…….then you are an absolute w****r 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

If you’re going to be slow then fine…..but let folk Through. If you don’t…….then you are an absolute w****r 

I went out myself yesterday night and caught up with a family clearly teaching the two young children how to play at one of the tees. They all tees off with me standing watching and I couldn’t believe what was happening. 

Bizarrely the dad then waved me to play through when they were halfway down the fairway whilst I was contemplating which holes I’d have to slip to jump ahead of them. Would’ve been so much easier to just let me tee off and press on.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I went out myself yesterday night and caught up with a family clearly teaching the two young children how to play at one of the tees. They all tees off with me standing watching and I couldn’t believe what was happening. 

Bizarrely the dad then waved me to play through when they were halfway down the fairway whilst I was contemplating which holes I’d have to slip to jump ahead of them. Would’ve been so much easier to just let me tee off and press on.

I don’t mind mind folk teeing off and waiting for you to approach then telling you to play through. It’s good for having a wee chat as you go down the fairway as well

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I've always felt that the GC/pro in the shop should make more of a point generally to make sure people understand the need for good etiquette on pace of play. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

I don’t mind mind folk teeing off and waiting for you to approach then telling you to play through. It’s good for having a wee chat as you go down the fairway as well

I got to the tee as they were (very slowly) starting to set up. I stood a few steps back and they didn’t engage, all teed off, then walked away down the fairway. I would happily have tees off and walked with them then strolled on ahead, but they waited until they’d got about 150 yards down the fairway and found their balls before waving me through, meaning they all had to stand and wait for me to walk down, play and move on. Was terribly planned on their part if they were always planning to let me through.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

I got to the tee as they were (very slowly) starting to set up. I stood a few steps back and they didn’t engage, all teed off, then walked away down the fairway. I would happily have tees off and walked with them then strolled on ahead, but they waited until they’d got about 150 yards down the fairway and found their balls before waving me through, meaning they all had to stand and wait for me to walk down, play and move on. Was terribly planned on their part if they were always planning to let me through.

Aye that’s weird.