Golfers Thread

Gaz

You could probably count on one hand the golfers who could finish 2-3 in these conditions and situation there.

Reckon a win would have sealed a Ryder Cup pick for Boab, but he's given himself a good chance now.

1 minute ago, Herc said:

You could probably count on one hand the golfers who could finish 2-3 in these conditions and situation there.

Reckon a win would have sealed a Ryder Cup pick for Boab, but he's given himself a good chance now.

I reckon if he finishes the season in decent form he'll get himself a pick even if he misses out automatically. Donald will have seen the way he played the 18th and that will count for him in a big way. 

45 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Tom Kim's face in the recorder's hut there :mellow:

A man who knows he just chucked away a lot of money

Solo 3rd would gave bagged him 590k.

Instead his share of 6th was worth 260k.

Bob picked up 950k or so, his biggest single cheque so far.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Solo 3rd would gave bagged him 590k.

Instead his share of 6th was worth 260k.

Bob picked up 950k or so, his biggest single cheque so far.

Bob up to 6th in the RTD rankings and inside the Ryder Cup automatic standings as they stand. 

Not a bad consolation and worth a lot more in points and earnings than a win last week would've got him. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Macintyre has massive baws to pull off that shot on 18, thats the kind of baws/ability that wins Ryder cups under pressure…

Yeah. Unless he goes on a rotten run of form over the next couple of months I reckon his performance today will get him in, especially when you factor in his win in Italy last year. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bob up to 6th in the RTD rankings and inside the Ryder Cup automatic standings as they stand. 

Not a bad consolation and worth a lot more in points and earnings than a win last week would've got him. 

A massive leap up the Ryder Cup standings, and a decent run of form since changing a few things on and off the course.

Screenshot_20230716_153444_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

A massive leap up the Ryder Cup standings, and a decent run of form since changing a few things on and off the course.

Screenshot_20230716_153444_Chrome.jpg

I wish I'd bookmarked some wanks tweet earlier this week in which he was saying Bob shouldn't get a Ryder Cup shout because he "wasn't even in the top 30 European players". The big yin has been very good these last few weeks, I just hope the final day losses don't knock the wind out of him. So many more positives for him to take and his next win won't be far away. Good showing next week and he'll be in a strong position.