Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Memo to the commentary team:

Sometimes Rory just makes a mistake. There's no need to desperately look for some mitigating factors. 

Best one was early in his round when he was blazing tee shots into the shite on the right side, and a commentator suggested he might still have some of the Scottish Open breeze he encountered last week affecting the way he’s swinging. I might try that one if I’m pish in our members & guests on Saturday. ‘Sorry I was guff, was windy last week at Deer Park and some of it is obviously still lingering in my backswing’.

Might work. 😃

3 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Feel like Dame Laura often states the obvious with the odd nugget of decent commentating chucked in*. Iona and Inci are very decent and have improved. The likes of Beem and Dougherty have great insight. Stated before but Butch Harmon is a huge miss to the commentary team. 

*Mainly when I have no fucking idea if it's a straight putt or left to right. 

Stating the obvious I know, but we’ll all like different commentators. I’ve said it before, but I can’t help liking Faldo when he pops up in the box. I know he’s a pillock, but I enjoy his patter. I find him to be a wee bit different from the formula. Dame Laura is vanilla, unlike Faldo. She never says anything remotely insightful, but isn’t particularly irritating either. Henni’s voice just annoys the shit out of me. Radar used to annoy the shit out of me too, but I’ve come around to his OTT style. Beem is good, he, in my opinion, encompasses everything a golf commentator needs. Insight, not bland, doesn’t possess an irritating voice, and like Faldo, is just that wee bit different from the vanilla commentators.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Scotscraig was in tremendous condition, greens maybe a bit softer than I expected, but still fucking rapid. Needed a bogey-par finish for a 79, so went for the more impressive double bogey-birdie finish instead

I'm a big fan of Scotsraig, and breaking 80 there is never a bad result. 👍

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Stating the obvious I know, but we’ll all like different commentators. I’ve said it before, but I can’t help liking Faldo when he pops up in the box. I know he’s a pillock, but I enjoy his patter. I find him to be a wee bit different from the formula. Dame Laura is vanilla, unlike Faldo. She never says anything remotely insightful, but isn’t particularly irritating either. Henni’s voice just annoys the shit out of me. Radar used to annoy the shit out of me too, but I’ve come around to his OTT style. Beem is good, he, in my opinion, encompasses everything a golf commentator needs. Insight, not bland, doesn’t possess an irritating voice, and like Faldo, is just that wee bit different from the vanilla commentators.

Yeah very true regarding liking different commentators. I watched a show about Radar. He basically stated he acts OTT to make it exciting for the viewers at home instead of being dull and stating the obvious. 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Justin Thomas having a horror 18th to finish a horror day 

There have been glimmers of hope for him over last few weeks but horror day for him. Will struggle to make Ryder Cup team unless he gets a captains pick. 

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone fancy that bunker shot of Rory’s at 18 with 5,000 people in the grandstands and live TV cameras?

No. Me neither. I value clean underwear too much.

Anyone fancy Rory’s second attempt with….