Darts...

Sideshow

Taylor wasn't too bad there tbh have Jelle a lot of credit.

I can't see how a year on he's going to get near these young guys even if he gets his head right.

Next year he'll be in the commentary box. Unless he fancies he big retirement tour and announces he'll do one more year.

He can never properly find it within himself to give the honest credit when it's due. He's a fantastic player and has been amazing for the sport but he's a f*ckin awful, ungracious loser no matter how hard he tries to hide it.

I thought he was pretty gracious to be honest. Have Klassen a lot of credit.

He didn't play well in the tournament so don't see the problem with saying his head isn't right due to getting divorced. It is a pretty big deal.

No different to Garry Anderson losing form when he had his issues although they were obviously different.

He didn't play well in the tournament so don't see the problem with saying his head isn't right due to getting divorced. It is a pretty big deal.

No different to Garry Anderson losing form when he had his issues although they were obviously different.

Gary Anderson didn't mention his issues I. An interview after defeat Taylor always always has something to say as an excuse, tonight was the best he had played all tourney as well why not just take it on the chin turn round and say it wasn't to be head down and go for premier league he's a p***k

Gary Anderson didn't mention his issues I. An interview after defeat Taylor always always has something to say as an excuse, tonight was the best he had played all tourney as well why not just take it on the chin turn round and say it wasn't to be head down and go for premier league he's a p***k

Correct. Taylor hadn't got it in him, sooner the c**t retires the better, I'm very excited for the rest of the tournament now anyone can win it.

Aye fair enough, but it's the way he does it, says well done, then downplays his opponents victory due to other reasons, I don't remember Anderson ever doing that. Taylor is as smug as f*ck when he's winning and always manages to be patronising, he's a poor loser when it doesn't go his way though, no question.

Switched the game off when Taylor went two legs up in the final set and was absolutely flabbergasted to see on Twitter that he'd lost. Fucking get in there.

edit- Love that MvG and Chisnall have gone out averaging comfortably over 100 yet Norris is in the last eight despite not going above 97.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Luck of the draw. Norris is easily capable of averaging over 100 because his ability to find the 180 is frightening. But for a guy who only qualified for the PDC this year he's done remarkably well. This is different gravy in terms of pressure so it's not surprising that he has had a few loose darts. I think he's gone way beyond reasonable expectation and if he throws for the fun of it now he could be dangerous. Good luck to him anyway - top lad.

I'm predicting a nine-darter or maybe even two on New Years Day. So much quality on show.

Now Taylor is out, Wade is the only one remaining who'd I'd rather didn't win it. Really don't expect him to beat Anderson anyway though. Ando vs Klaasen semi would be great, especially since they had that great match last year.

I absolutely love watching Taylor -loose. I hate the bloke.

I dont want him to retire though, I just want to see him loose more often.

Two fantastic performances from RvB & Klaason have thrown it wide open.

I'm surprised Anderson is such a short price 9/4, just about anyone can win it.

The way Klaason is playing he will be tough to beat - my tip would be either him or Lewis

Ando v Jelle and Aidy v Smith would the ideal semis to watch IMO.

If that never produced at least one 9er I would be amazed both games would have orgasmic rhythm.

I think Smith v Lewis would be an absolute belter of a match. Similar players with similar rhythms, they'd suit playing each other and I think there's every chance it could produce a 9 darter.