Darts...

Sideshow

Can Lewis do Taylor?

This has to be Lewis's best chance, the way he is playing consistently 100+ and he seems to have his head screwed on properly at last.

It just remains to see how he will cope when he is put under serious pressure (same applies to Taylor in that respect)

Pity it's only the 1/4 final, but i reckon Lewis 5-3, (with 15, 9 darters between them) ;)

And at least two heart attacks in the commentary box.

The build up in the days ahead is going to be toe curlingly embarrassing.

Order of Play for today...

Kirk Shepherd vs Mark Webster

Terry Jenkins vs Simon Whitlock

Co Stompe vs Mark Dudbridge

Ronnie Baxter vs Colin Lloyd

James Wade vs Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld vs Kevin Painter

Again, I'll miss most of this thanks to work (gutted, since I really want to see Stompe vs Dudbridge).

Will be back in time for Barney vs Painter, though, which should be good.

Wonder how they'll price it up? Lewis might be worth a sniff, then again so might Taylor!

Anyone think Painter has a wee chance against Barney? Always a threat and put him out a few year back..

Edited by dubs

Order of Play for today...

Kirk Shepherd vs Mark Webster

Terry Jenkins vs Simon Whitlock

Co Stompe vs Mark Dudbridge

Ronnie Baxter vs Colin Lloyd

James Wade vs Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld vs Kevin Painter

Again, I'll miss most of this thanks to work (gutted, since I really want to see Stompe vs Dudbridge).

Will be back in time for Barney vs Painter, though, which should be good.

I'm going to go for :-

Kirk Shepherd 1 vs 4 Mark Webster

Terry Jenkins 3 vs 4 Simon Whitlock

Co Stompe 4 vs 3 Mark Dudbridge

Ronnie Baxter 4 vs 2 Colin Lloyd

James Wade 4 vs 2 Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld 4 vs 2 Kevin Painter

I'm going to go for :-

Kirk Shepherd 1 vs 4 Mark Webster

Terry Jenkins 3 vs 4 Simon Whitlock

Co Stompe 4 vs 3 Mark Dudbridge

Ronnie Baxter 4 vs 2 Colin Lloyd

James Wade 4 vs 2 Andy Hamilton

Raymond van Barneveld 4 vs 2 Kevin Painter

Who tipped you off :P

Webster 3-1 up and has the darts in the next set.He has been absolutley amazing switching to the 19s and 17s

Kirk Shepherd has won the most undeserved set in the history of darts. Webster has been outstanding, his cover shooting is as good as Taylors. Shepherd should be a circus exhibit.

I thought he was going to cry when he chucked his last dart into the 8.Amazing .preformance by webster

Sid was up to his usual bawbaggery during commentary there. "None of the Lakeside mob would make the quarter finals here". Well, Adams, Waites, O'Shea, Fitton and Hankey all could. Obvs that Sid didnt bother watching Waites' performance at the Grand Slam. Twat.

Who tipped you off :P

Webster 3-1 up and has the darts in the next set.He has been absolutley amazing switching to the 19s and 17s

I've been pretty tasty on the arrows this world championship for some reason. Had quite a few correct scores right.

Note - after saying this, I will now fail to even get the result right in the next 5 games!

Edited by H_B

I've been pretty tasty on the arrows this world championship for some reason. Had quite a few correct scores right.

Note - after saying this, I will now fail to even get the result right in the next 5 games!

After losing a whack on Hull the other day, my new hobby is waiting for someone to go two sets up then laying them with all the money in my account. Seems to me very few players come back from two sets down, so I make a lot of winning bets for occasionally good odds. This Simon Whitlock character, for example, is going to make me £20.74 if he wins.

I bet on Dennis Priestley earlier in the tournament and was counting my cash as he went 2-0 up, only to see him horsed 3-2 by One Leg McDine.

I think he's the only guy this week to have recovered from 2 sets down to win.

I bet on Dennis Priestley earlier in the tournament and was counting my cash as he went 2-0 up, only to see him horsed 3-2 by One Leg McDine.

I think he's the only guy this week to have recovered from 2 sets down to win.

Webster against Manley?

This Jenkins Whitlock match is living up to expectations, Jenkins gets the 3rd set, 2-1 Whitlock