Darts...

Sideshow

This is tremendous from Lewis. 8 180's in the first two sets from Jackpot.

Doubling is still a worry for me if he is to topple the Power. As the commentators said he always looks far more comfortable banging in the double at the end of a combination than having single darts at a double.

Not sure about Martin Adams, he was very average during the years he spent in the PDC, and that was when the depth of quality was nowhere near as good as it is now.

I wasn't aware Adams had played in the PDC but I looked it up. I see he played in some tournaments between 1999 and 2001 though he was never a full member and remained in the BDo and England captain.

Not sure how many tournaments he actually played but he appears to have reached a final, a semi final and a quarter final in that time. Not sure that corresponds with "very average" but maybe he played in a lot more?

Taylor - Lewis is going to be some game if Lewis keeps this up.

I think it's safe to say that the crowd have gone mental during this match - sadly, I think it's because they're all pished and not because they're loving the darts.

Correct. It's a bit disrespectful to the players, but as the commentator says, when you have that size of crowd, it's always going to happen.

I genuinely think Lewis could do Taylor. Taylor has stuttered a bit recently due to the fact hes fucked about with his flights cutting them down, and hes lost a handful of points on his average. Okay, hes still over 100 every time, but before hand he was getting 110+ and the like. Combine that with Lewis upping his game I think the gap has been bridged enough for Lewis to beat him.

I'm sure the big crowds help towards the big money so I suppose the players can't complain too much but it must still be a pain in the arse.

Wonder if Lewis will have a mention for them in the post match interview he still looked a bit peeved at the end.

Lewis/Taylor has jizzed panties material written all over it.