Darts...

Sideshow

Bottom line is he got pumped 4 zip in a match most expected to be relatively close. Lest we forget the objective in this format is to hold your throw and break your opponents. He failed to achieve either to the required standard. Northenscum's Chris Mason comparison was a decent one. Plenty of talent but mentally weak.

But it was close. That's the point I was making all along. The vagaries of the scoring system meant it ended up 4-0 in sets but every set was very tight. It's perfectly possible to be fairly well hammered and only lose 4-3 under the same system (you could win three sets 3-2 with your opponent missing some doubles and lose four sets 3-0 without getting close).

I know what the format is, I never said anything else, and I certainly never said he deserved to win. I said the better player won. But Anderson didn't do as badly as you and others are making out.

But it was close. That's the point I was making all along. The vagaries of the scoring system meant it ended up 4-0 in sets but every set was very tight. It's perfectly possible to be fairly well hammered and only lose 4-3 under the same system (you could win three sets 3-2 with your opponent missing some doubles and lose four sets 3-0 without getting close).

I know what the format is, I never said anything else, and I certainly never said he deserved to win. I said the better player won. But Anderson didn't do as badly as you and others are making out.

I think he was bad though, he didn't look like he deserved to be up there. His average was actually one of the better of the day but he didn't look the part to me. He had so many moments where a treble was needed to put the pressure on and to me it looked like Anderson was resigned to the fact he'd lost already. Too much hesitation and poor body language.

and claimed whoever wins that, will more than likely win the whole thing.

Hardly a ridiculous claim. The 14 time world champion and the guy with the best average of the week.

He'd be well within his rights to say "I don't care about these other matches - I will sleepwalk my way to the final and see you then. Cheers boys".

Aww shurrruppp :P

How does he deserve to win the World's because he hit a 9 darter? That's just nonsense.

He still needs a rocket up his arse as overall he has been pretty poor in the first two rounds and will be pumped out sooner or later if he doesn't be more consistent.

I've been looking at the draw on the PDC site and getting a bit ahead of myself I see the QF's looking something like

Stompe v Webster QF1

Whitlock v Wade QF2

Barney v Baxter QF3

Taylor v Lewis QF4

I take it the winners of QF1 and QF2 play each other in the first semi? It doesn't specifically say on the PDC site.

I've been looking at the draw on the PDC site and getting a bit ahead of myself I see the QF's looking something like

Stompe v Webster QF1

Whitlock v Wade QF2

Barney v Baxter QF3

Taylor v Lewis QF4

I take it the winners of QF1 and QF2 play each other in the first semi? It doesn't specifically say on the PDC site.

better to look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_PDC_Worl...ts_Championship

PDC site isnt great

How does he deserve to win the World's because he hit a 9 darter? That's just nonsense.

He still needs a rocket up his arse as overall he has been pretty poor in the first two rounds and will be pumped out sooner or later if he doesn't be more consistent.

Ken i dont hink barney has the bottle to win an other world championship in his career.

:o I think Baxter may have something to say about that! :P