Darts...

Sideshow

I thought the crucial point in the match was when van gerwen hit a peach of a set up to leave 32 to put pressure on wrights 80 which he missed.

Like wright says he never gives up and fully deserves his pl spot.

Glad to see wade has been left out aswell.I think it will help him in the long term.I think its poor anderson has been included though.Has he not finished bottom the last two years ?

The PDC never chose Anderson or Barney? Fucking hell :lol:

I wouldn't read too much into who picked who. It would all be discussed at the sane table. If the PDC 'picked' Ando and Barney, and SKY 'picked' Chisnall and Newton it would appear very odd.

Im sure they picked the 6 together, i'd be surprised otherwise.

Despite now having just six champions, the PDC World Championship has an extremely impressive Roll of Honour.

Dennis Priestley

Phil Taylor

John Part

Raymond van Barneveld

Adrian Lewis

Michael van Gerwen

All players (excluding MVG) with more than one World Championship title to their name. Not a bad list of names to see yours alongside on the Trophy...

Holiday period and family issues have sadly kept me away from this thread and the predictions over last couple of weeks. What a really good tournament though. MVG is the Daddy now and Peter Wright made himself a star.

PL lineup is interesting. It's what I predicted yesterday with my brother except the incredible pick of Chisnall. If he starts hitting doubles he could surprise some people though as that's all that cost him against Hendo. Delighted Wade got punted though, hopefully he gets his act together as he didn't look right at all against Lewis.

BDO's turn now. Going to try and be as fair as I can this year and not slag the dingy arena andmid-80 averages.

Just read through all the posts from last year's Lakeside since I can't sleep and I've had tears running down my face, one of the funniest things I've ever read on here in any thread.

Did Scotty Dog make it in? If so I want a guarantee from Neilly that he'll watch his first round exit and post throughout it.

I can't sleep either my sleep patterns fucked wi the bevvy. I'll take a trip down memory lane and have a wee read at this.

Mitchell is playing whatever jobber comes through the prelim match and will get beat he is utter scat that throw of his is just disgusting.

Anyone know when the preliminary matches are? The BDO are a joke as we all know it's like the secret service trying to find information.

Still looking forward to the tournament a good laugh early doors and should be one or two quality games as the shite gets put out.

I'm also in an insomniac haze, but just spent it watching this match from six years ago. Probably Wayne Mardle's finest hour, which was to be followed by his lowest in the Semi Final against Kirk Shepherd.

I thought the whole setup and feel of Alexandra Palace was perfect that year. An absence of tired seating on the side, with the murals in place, just made it look that bit classier.