Darts...

Sideshow

• 3 weeks later...

World champs next week...

Difficult to see past Humphries BUT looking forward to seeing a rejuvenated Gary Anderson, a determined MVG and a crowd silencing Gerwyn Price. With any luck, the 'born to be world champion' will get papped out early doors.

3 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

World champs next week...

Difficult to see past Humphries BUT looking forward to seeing a rejuvenated Gary Anderson, a determined MVG and a crowd silencing Gerwyn Price. With any luck, the 'born to be world champion' will get papped out early doors.

The real world championships at the Lakeside started last Saturday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_WDF_World_Darts_Championship

Going by the averages, Andy Baetens and Beau Greaves are the only two who have ever seen a dart board before.

Was just about to come on and welcome the hingers on to the darts thread. 

Where were you when the Euro Tour was on Viaplay extra?

Humphries the bookies favourite after turning European success into the majors this year. Usual suspects all there, Peter Wright has been pish since he won the World's two years ago. Unless he has a big showing here is about to plummet down the rankings

Gary Anderson Scotland's Best hope with some fantastic form now he seems to be arsed again. Nathan Aspinall at 33/1 looks the most sensible "outside bet". Look out for Ricardo Pietreczko of Germany and Stow Buntz of Murca who have been impressing this year. 

Happy dartsmas 🎯🎅🏼🎄

Early predictions for the Ally Pally:

First chorus of "Boring, boring tables" will be heard before a dart is thrown in anger

Non English players will be booed  when playing an English player

Scottish players will be booed no matter who they are playing, accompanied by repeated choruses of "Scotland getting battered everywhere they go"

Might actually watch some of it, but with volume on mute.

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Where were you when the Euro Tour was on Viaplay extra?

Don’t hate the playa, hate the game. 

To be fair I used to dabble throughout the year but I’m strictly a festive arras man these days. I’m a big fan of Emma Paton so I’m hoping she will still be featuring heavily throughout.