Darts...

Sideshow

That was the worst performance I've ever seen from a recent world champion.  His third set average must've been about 60.

The boy Littler is a special talent and will probably win everything in darts.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Littler isn’t playing as well tonight but Gilding is making it easy for him.

Dunno about the second part. He's missed a few key darts in the 2nd but hit 100% of his doubles and averaged 104 in the first set.

Feel Gilding would be 2 up on most folk playing like that.

Edited by djchapsticks

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Dunno about the second part. He's missed a few key darts in the 2nd but hit 100% of his doubles and averaged 104 in the first set.

Feel Gilding would be 2 up on most folk playing like that.

And battered him in the 3rd set. Littler has a bit of bottle to find here.

46 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Littler shows some promising signs, but there was some flashes of inexperience and I fancy most players in the top 10 would pick him off over the longer format at the moment.

Aye I think so too. I'm much more a fan of set play than straight up legs though. You're always in with a shout if someone has a bad spell or either starts firing. You've more a chance of getting back into a game, more pressure on doubles. 

I honestly love watching darts, I try and watch the floor stuff on PDC TV and even some of the Modus super series has quality. Couple nine darters in the last one. 

I can't play a jot but I always find watching it entertaining 

Edited by Squalor Vic

9 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Aye I think so too. I'm much more a fan of set play than straight up legs though. You're always in with a shout if someone has a bad spell or either starts firing. You've more a chance of getting back into a game, more pressure on doubles. 

I honestly love watching darts, I try and watch the floor stuff on PDC TV and even some of the Modus super series has quality. Couple nine darters in the last one. 

I can't play a jot but I always find watching it entertaining 

Set play is superb, a fat more tactical game,

Leg play you can run 5 or 6 legs in a row and your out of sight, even 3 in a row would make it difficult to claw back .

3 in a row in sets and you just win one set and then start afresh the next one,  also you just need to win one of five against the darts hold your throw to win a set.

I think there should be more set play