Darts...

Sideshow

Started playing for a pub team a few months ago and I’ve noticed my scoring improve hugely.

So far played 4 singles games and won 3 and the loss was in a singles tournament that I didn’t arrive in. 4 wins out of 8 games of pairs too, pretty happy with how I’m progressing.

Does anyone on here play competitively?

19 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Started playing for a pub team a few months ago and I’ve noticed my scoring improve hugely.

So far played 4 singles games and won 3 and the loss was in a singles tournament that I didn’t arrive in. 4 wins out of 8 games of pairs too, pretty happy with how I’m progressing.

Aye, won our league last year and I won all my singles games. Gone up a league and I've played one, lost one 🙈. Standard is noticeably higher so I need to get back practicing. It's weird as though it's only pub darts I still get nerves during my games which affects my throw.

11 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Aye, won our league last year and I won all my singles games. Gone up a league and I've played one, lost one 🙈. Standard is noticeably higher so I need to get back practicing. It's weird as though it's only pub darts I still get nerves during my games which affects my throw.

20 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

As two players that play competitively, what are your rough averages? It’s not something I’m keen to get into; rather just always been curious of the standard at pub level. 

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Yeah the nerves proper hit me the first few games I’ve played in, especially in some of the games when the other teams can be quite loud, trying to spend more time laughing after poor scores instead of beating myself up and that seems to have helped me be more comfortable.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

As two players that play competitively, what are your rough averages? It’s not something I’m keen to get into; rather just always been curious of the standard at pub level. 

My overall average is probably between 40 & 50 albeit in the second division in Edinburgh West, that’s due to my piss poor doubles, probably get about 10% doubles accuracy overall, first 9/12 average is probably 50-60.

No idea about the 1st Division standard but I do know Willie Borland is playing for the team that are top of the league in that division this season so I would suspect the upper echelons of the first division is alot better in terms of standard.

My best ever is a 19 darter and best ever checkout is 130, so on a good day I’m a lot better than that but I’ve also had a couple of stinkers playing for the pub too.

23 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Our pals and other regulars entered our local in our league last year. We finished last with 1 win out of 14. I won 5 out of 14 singles matches and 4 out of 11 or 12 doubles games. It's only one league here so the difference in standard between top and bottom of the league is enormous. There are guys in the top couple of teams who regularly hit 15 darters, think there were a couple of 12's last season. I'm about a 50 average, managed a couple of 21 dart legs last season though. My best ever was 16 but that was practicing in the house sadly. 

On 01/08/2023 at 20:16, Matty-RCFC said:

In the house playing my mates probably around 60. In a real game it drops substantially with the nerves tho I'm starting to get over that a bit better now. 

Won my last game and my doubles match, I've been back on the board practicing more tho recently.

If you're curious give it a go, teams are always looking for players.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just took a 144 finish out in the pub after being worse than useless the rest of the night. What a buzz.

Absolute scenes. Congratulations. My favourite is a two dart 95 when I've been playing shite. Done that a few times and it's a superb feeling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Dysart said:

Good to see Peter Wright back to something like his best last night, beat James Wade in the final of the European Championship. Still had to change his darts half way through though...

Peter coming into form at just the right time being beyond shite for the best part of two years. Exciting times with Van Veen, Pikachu, Rock and boring Humphries all coming through

22 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Watched a bit of this over the weekend though not the final as was hoping for Van Veen to win it and list interest when he went out. The crowds are about a tenth as cuntish in Germany vs England even if they're singing half the same songs.

Euro Tour is the best thing about darts. On Viaplay and/or PDC TV most weekends

• 2 weeks later...

The darts crowd down south is full of the worst cu*ts imaginable. Especially the middle aged men forcing 'fun' on everyone by constantly trying to start shite songs. 

It almost makes watching unbearable.

Just shut up and enjoy the darts.

19 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

The darts crowd down south is full of the worst cu*ts imaginable. Especially the middle aged men forcing 'fun' on everyone by constantly trying to start shite songs. 

It almost makes watching unbearable.

Just shut up and enjoy the darts.

Does get annoying when a lot of the darts has been on the continent and the crowds are great but then you have the big darts this week, Minehead and London for the worlds and the crowds are arseholes. None of them are interested in the darts just getting pished.

Anyway, Gary safely through and looking reasonably handy, Nathan Girvan was found out a bit at this level but his time will come. Peter hopefully through tomorrow if he isn't too busy remembering too hard

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Beau Greaves is a hell of a player. Made a bit of an arse of the last leg but she's only 19 so it's understandable. Went toe to toe against Aspinall and Heta though 

Wins a "men's major" if the PDC get themselves sorted and have a proper integrated tour. Beau is happy winning women's series and the WDF Worlds atm