Darts...

Sideshow

The montgomery match was hard to watch.Especially after his kids started crying :(

That aussie guy was either pished or really nervous kind of felt sorry for him a bit he nearly fell over a couple of times ! at least wade can stand up straight.

As for the BDO bashers in this thread if you turn on the bbc and expect the standard you get on sky your an idiot.Waites,Oshea,Hankey,Adams could all do well in the pdc.Waites will definetley switch after the lakeside.Oshea wants to win the lakeside,Hankey dosent like noisy crowds but if he got his head right would do well in the pdc, and adams likes being the big fish in the small pond.

Edited by F_T_Y

The montgomery match was hard to watch.Especially after his kids started crying :(

That aussie guy was either pished or really nervous kind of felt sorry for him a bit he nearly fell over a couple of times ! at least wade can stand up straight.

As for the BDO bashers in this thread if you turn on the bbc and expect what the standard you get on sky your an idiot.Waites,Oshea,Hankey,Adams could all do well in the pdc.Waites will definetley switch after the lakeside.Oshea wants to win the lakeside,Hankey dosent like noisy crowds and adams likes being the big fish in the small pond.

Apparently there is a rumour they are holding off from announcing the second wildcard for the Premier league until the lakeside is finished, if one of the "big names" they are trying to tempt over wins, then they can use the wildcard place as an extra incentive.

I know people will say that the likes of Hankey for instance would never move, but remember Mervyn King said the very same things just a week before he jumped ship.

Hankey in the PL = major box office!

but at the heart of it the standard of darts AS A WHOLE is very similar,

Eh?

In what way is the standard of darts "AS A WHOLE" similar? That's like saying the Challenger tour in tennis is AS A WHOLE similar to the main tour, because they serve, hit forehands and backhands.

there will be 100 + averages at Lakeside just as at the Ally Pally,

No there won't.

The BBC event is still very watchable, as are Challenger tennis tournaments, if you like the sport. As Murray and George said yesterday, missing loads of doubles adds drama.

It's only shit if you have a match like Adams v Aussie Gimp.

Edited by H_B

As for the BDO bashers in this thread if you turn on the bbc and expect the standard you get on sky your an idiot.

Erm, no one has said they expected the same standard.

That doesn't however mean that you can't slate the BDO players for being sub standard dross.

If you turn up to see Arbroath v Brechin, you aren't expecting to see Messi-like skills, but if someone misses the ball and falls over you can still point and laugh at them.

Edited by H_B

I have to say that Colin Murray is really good, if I was Sky's head darts honcho I'd be lining up a swap deal for Dave Clark.

Colin Murray is great, he does a load of stuff for BBC though on the radio so he probably wouldn't be able to go to Sky for contractual reasons.

I hope he stays on BBC, Fighting Talk is my favourite programme, radio or TV.

As for the BDO bashers in this thread if you turn on the bbc and expect the standard you get on sky your an idiot.Waites,Oshea,Hankey,Adams could all do well in the pdc.Waites will definetley switch after the lakeside.Oshea wants to win the lakeside,Hankey dosent like noisy crowds but if he got his head right would do well in the pdc, and adams likes being the big fish in the small pond.

Adams hasn't got the bottle to do well in the PDC, he needs more shots at a double than Saddam used to go through, in darts speak, he's got to big a tail.

If Gary Anderson gets in ahead of Aidy Lewis it will be an absolute travesty

It certainly would be. The argument would be that Lewis has developed on the big stage, while Anderson still needs to get used to it, so they'd have him in to establish him. But to be honest Anderson has no excuse for not hitting the heights so far.

On the point of how the BDO players would compete in the PDC, it's all hypothetical of course and you'd imagine that the top BDO guys would continue to improve playing consistently better players, however, I'm not convinced Ted Hankey could cut it at the top level of the PDC, Waites could has he would progress, O'Shea would also.

Waites and O'Shea would be top ten players at best..There isn't a Barneveld in the BDO anymore that could come over and make a real name for himself, Waites, expected to come over soon, I think may take to the PDC quicker than Mark Webster, Waites has that confidence from the Grand Slam that will serve him well.

Although, i'm certainly not a BDO expert, far from it, but i'm sure that Lakeside champions are bound for the next year, so if Waites won he'd have to wait until after the 2011 Lakeside before moving over.

Although, i'm certainly not a BDO expert, far from it, but i'm sure that Lakeside champions are bound for the next year, so if Waites won he'd have to wait until after the 2011 Lakeside before moving over.

Not sure if this is true, granted I cant think of a male example, but Anastasia moved over after winning the womans title the other year

Your probably right, but I do recall Olly Croft mentioning the possibility once or twice before.

Sounds like the sort of rule that croft would put in place to screw people out of the chance to earn more money.

Whens do this evenings BDO matches start?

Your probably right, but I do recall Olly Croft mentioning the possibility once or twice before.

It used to be in the contracts that the Final Four at the Lakeside had to remain in the BDO.

There was talk of the BDO taking King to court to prevent him moving to the PDC, but I assume they came to some settlement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/other_spo...rts/6254179.stm

Half five red button.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my dartboard ? i didnt buy it like this but it has just got worse over the months.Its an eclispe pro.Think i will have to get a blade 3 tomorrow.

Looks like the wood is cutting up from the wear and tear. Mines started puffing out after so long and the wiring even became loose and eventually fell out.

Looks like the wood is cutting up from the wear and tear. Mines started puffing out after so long and the wiring even became loose and eventually fell out.

Yeah i started pulling the stuff out of the board.Bad idea ? :P

Ive had it for less than a year.