Darts...

Sideshow

A couple of belters from the commentators tonight , Harrington "Whitlock's not letting the crowd get to him , that;s why he's been playing in the premier league for years"

"barney goes in front for the first time in the match" . He went in front 2-1?

"barney goes in front for the first time in the match" . He went in front 2-1?

Pretty sure he said it was the first time anyone had went more than one leg ahead in the match.

Pretty poor night of arras all in hopefully it's a lot better next week.

Barney was in my shop today with all his Dutch mates, really nice guy, talked to us for about 10 mins. He's a bit shorter than I was expecting, on TV he seems to be some sort of giant but he's really not. Taylor and the rest of them must be midgets.

Well I won't be going back to that then. What a farce.

A 40 minute wait for pint was bad but I can put up with that. Virtually nobody was there to watch the darts. It was just a hall full of aresholes who were only there to get hammered. Throwing drink all over the place, falling down the stairs, fighting. I saw about a dozen folk getting thrown out but if the stewards were doing their job properly it should have been several hundred.

And I had the misfortune to be sitting at the end of the row nearest the stairs. I think there were 8 or 9 people in the row and me and the missus had to let each of them out at least 5 times each to go to the toilet or bar. FFS there is a break every 15 mins - can you not just wait till the break.

At the start I wanted Anderson to win but after a couple of legs I was cheering on Whitlock just because the way the crowd treated him.

Whitlock came out with that superb 164 checkout and nobody I saw where I was (block A) even saw it. Not a reaction from anyone. As for the bloke in row F who had virtually fallen asleep and was woken by the booing of Painter. He then joined in. Being seriously cheesed off by then I asked him who/what he was booing. He didn't know and didn't even know who was playing.

By the way I like a beer or two as much as anyone and had a few last night but what is the point of going to these things if you are just going to spoil it for everyone else.

I would probably go back but I think £40 plus another 4 quid a pint is excessive for what you actually get. I really enjoyed it and the crowd wasn't as bad as I expected it to be having read some horror stories on here and elsewhere.

As for the darts itself, the standard was poor throughout except for the first match I felt. I haven't seen the averages yet but Anderson-Whitlock was awful.

I enjoyed it last night. Will most likely go back, however I see what people are saying. I really dont see why people feel the need to get absolutely hammered. Plus, the Glasgow crowd are so negative, the boo fucking everybody. Bit of a joke.

A 40 minute wait for pint was bad but I can put up with that. Virtually nobody was there to watch the darts. It was just a hall full of aresholes who were only there to get hammered. Throwing drink all over the place, falling down the stairs, fighting. I saw about a dozen folk getting thrown out but if the stewards were doing their job properly it should have been several hundred.

And I had the misfortune to be sitting at the end of the row nearest the stairs. I think there were 8 or 9 people in the row and me and the missus had to let each of them out at least 5 times each to go to the toilet or bar. FFS there is a break every 15 mins - can you not just wait till the break.

At the start I wanted Anderson to win but after a couple of legs I was cheering on Whitlock just because the way the crowd treated him.

Whitlock came out with that superb 164 checkout and nobody I saw where I was (block A) even saw it. Not a reaction from anyone. As for the bloke in row F who had virtually fallen asleep and was woken by the booing of Painter. He then joined in. Being seriously cheesed off by then I asked him who/what he was booing. He didn't know and didn't even know who was playing.

By the way I like a beer or two as much as anyone and had a few last night but what is the point of going to these things if you are just going to spoil it for everyone else.

This!

My sentiments exactly, will not be back. Drunken aggresive animals everywhere. Walked out before the Painter game started, enough was enough.

I went with my brother's girlfriend and she was really intimidated and worried. The guy in front of us was throwing pints at people and his mate was doing Nazi salutes. I wanted to stay where we were as I thought there was going to be a scrap but she wanted to move, and as soon as we sat down in the bit we moved to another scrap broke out where we moved to!

Here is Barney's entrance, at the end of it the crowd are going nuts for him!

This crowd is epic. This is what the Premier League should be like great receptions for two players who don't usually get a MASSIVE reception.

Crowd have been very respectful so far too. Mon the Irish.