Darts...

Sideshow

Missed the final tonight but pleased to see MVG win. He's still very, very young in darts terms and it looks as though he's starting to come of age. They have to put him in the PL now, he's awesome.

Anyone going for PL tickets tomorrow? There's 8 of us hoping to go this year, should be good if I can manage to get the tickets.

The Grand Prix was a great tournament. Great to see MVG win and other good moments like the return to form of King and Thornton beating Phil.

The Masters from what I saw, save for 1 or 2 was a fucking farce, full of utter jobbers. Did anyone see the Phil Nixon match last night? f**k me, probably the worst game ive ever seen on tv, Nixon won throwing a 73 average to his opponents 76 playing in front of an empty hall with about 30 people. Scotty dog Mitchell, oh fucking dear. Good to see Spineless Adams getting knocked out early doors too by an absolute pub player.

Wouldn't go back to Glasgow it's full of absolute mongs.

I see folk say that on here every year and, whilst it's not exactly the Lakeside, it really was no worse last year than 90% of the gigs I've been to at the SECC, the Burns-Mitchell fight or any night out on Sauchiehall Street. Maybe this marks me down as one of the "mongs" you're talking about but I enjoyed myself last year and I'm looking forward to it again in March.

Taylor and Whitlock won Group 4 & 5 of the online Championship League earlier in the week. Group 6 is on today.

Also saw from the PDC website that 32 players have qualified for the Grand Slam but if the finalists from the Championship League (who are entitled to a place at Wolverhampton) haven't already qualified for it then there'll be a play-off round before the Group Stage starts at the Grand Slam. Wonder how they'll determine who has to play that Prelim Round.