Darts...

Sideshow

Anyone see the Justin lee collins darts thing last night on sky one.

He tries to become pro and gets beat in the first round of the international open.An appearance from the great phil taylor whos words of wisdom where you cant practise shitting yourself.JLC got nervous in front of crowds

Was pretty decent.

Anyone see the Justin lee collins darts thing last night on sky one.

He tries to become pro and gets beat in the first round of the international open.An appearance from the great phil taylor whos words of wisdom where you cant practise shitting yourself.JLC got nervous in front of crowds

Was pretty decent.

I would quite like to see that. Do you know when it will be repeated?

Thornton and anderson both play tonight.Anderson should win.If thorton beats lewis that would be an upset.

Tonights Games.

First Round

Wayne Jones v Paul Nicholson

Andy Smith v Vincent Van der Voort

Dennis Ovens v Mark Dudbridge

John Part v Colin Lloyd

John MaGowan v Gary Anderson B)

Phil Taylor v Brendan Dolan

Terry Jenkins v Wayne Mardle

Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton :D

Thornton and anderson both play tonight.Anderson should win.If thorton beats lewis that would be an upset.

Tonights Games.

First Round

John Part v Colin Lloyd

John MaGowan v Gary Anderson B)

Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton :D

My predictions in bold.

Does that mean if Anderson wins hes playing Taylor? I hope not. Thorntons been pish recently, I can honestly see him being whitewashed.

My predictions in bold.

Does that mean if Anderson wins hes playing Taylor? I hope not. Thorntons been pish recently, I can honestly see him being whitewashed.

If anderson wins he plays thornton or lewis in the 2nd round.If him and taylor win thier first two games they will meet in the quaters.

John Part v Colin Lloyd

John MaGowan v Gary Anderson

Adrian Lewis v Robert Thornton

Gary Anderson, if he goes through, gets the winner of Lewis vs. Thornton. If he then gets past that he could get Taylor. Taylor has Jones or Nicholson in the next round. Yes, I said has. Dolan is shite.

I'll update this thread with scores.

RESULT : WAYNE JONES 2-1 PAUL NICHOLSON

Set One : 3-1

Set Two : 2-3

Set Three : 3-1

* Jones broke and did a nice 104 checkout to take the first set.

* Nicholson left a nine darter, but completely blew the seventh dart. Good effort in this format though.

* Wayne Jones nearly stole that second set, but Nicholson held it together to save the match. It's developed into a cracker after a slightly disappointing start.

* Shanghai on 20s for Nicholson and that was a cracker to break the throw of Jones. He's been starting well for the last couple of sets as well, hitting double tops fairly regularly.

* Jones breaks right back in the last leg, but then Nicholson throws a 180 against the throw and he has a real oppertunity to break yet again, but he completely stuffs up 121 and allows Jones in with 100, and he takes it out in two.

* Nicholson put the pressure on big time with that last leg, but Jones took out double 10 for the match. That was a very entertaining match.

RESULT : ANDY SMITH 2-1 VINCENT VAN DER VOORT

Set One : 3-2

Set Two : 1-3

Set Three : 3-2

* BIG VINNY~~~!!! Andy Smith will beat him here I reckon. He is a decent steady player, and you just don't know what you're gonna get from Van Der Voort.

* Here comes the old "character" stuff with Andy Smith. He's not a character at all. He's just a fat guy with a nickname.

* Andy Smith hits double 1 to open the match. Of course, it helped that Vinny took three darts to open his account.

* 102 to finish the set for Andy Smith. The darts have been nice and steady from both men, but nothing of real note.

* 136 finish from Van Der Voort to start the second set. That's superb.

* He goes from that super finish to one leg and he ends up completely screwing up his opening of the next leg. Smith was on double 4 when Van Der Voort had over 440 points. :lol: No surprise who won that leg.

* SUPER effort at a nine darter from Vinny and he actually came close with dart eight. He did a 10 darter which has to be complimented.

* Andy Smith was horribly unlucky with that bounceout on 104, but Van Der Voort was sloppy with the finishing and allowed Andy Smith in, and when Vinny turns it on, Smith seems ready to step things up even further.

* Vincent Van Der Voort had three darts to finish the match and didn't. Andy Smith has 60 and finishes in two for the match. Cracking match from these two guys which might have been even better than the opener.

RESULT : DENIS OVENS 1-2 MARK DUDBRIDGE

Set One : 0-3

Set Two : 3-1

Set Three : 1-3

* I am NOT looking forward to this.

* Mark Dudbridge seems determined to make me look like a twonk as he has started very well indeed. Took out a nice 78 and has hit two 180s in two legs. He also took out double tops in the second leg with ease.

* Mark Dudbridge is looking impressive in this match so far, as he hasn't missed a shot at a double. I wonder if we'll get a full set score and match score whitewash here.

* Denis Ovens seems to have settled into this match a bit. He's been opening the legs much better.

* God knows what has happened to Dudbridge in this match. The shoulder might be playing up, but Ovens is playing much much better now and his finishing is as good as Dudbridge's was earlier.

* Less than convincing in the end from Dudbridge, but Ovens basically handed it to him at the end there. Still, it means that I'm 2 for 3 in predictions.

RESULT : JOHN PART 0-2 COLIN LLOYD

* Can Lloyd bring a decent game in front of the cameras ? He'll have to, because Part hasn't been bad recently.

* Both guys looking good in the opening leg here. Especially Lloyd, who if he continues like this, will pull out the best performance he's had for a while in front of the cameras. Part did well to stick with him actually considering it took a couple of darts to get into it.

* Colin Lloyd continues his superb throwing into the second leg of the set, with his finishing being clinical. Having a 100+ average in this format is very good too, and the commentator said they both had it. Okay, it's only after two legs, but that can't be sniffed at.

GARY ANDERSON 2-0 JOHN MAGOWAN

* MaGowan will not be anything other than a difficult test for Anderson. He didn't look bad at all at the Ally Pally.

PHIL TAYLOR 2-0 BRENDAN DOLAN

* Maybe the real upset will be me being able to watch this match from start to finish with no interuptions.

* I don't understand why Taylor actually intends to put himself on double 16. He misses it quite a lot.

* Brendan Dolan is just offering nothing here, as you would expect. Taylor is playing fine and doing what is necessary to beat this mug.

TERRY JENKINS 2-0 WAYNE MARDLE

* It depends what Mardle shows up I suppose. He has been hit and miss since he came back from injury. Jenkins should be steady enough to keep Mardle at bay though.

* Terry Jenkins has been playing pretty well after a weird start. Even a decent Mardle can't do much about this.

* This is the sort of form that Jenkins showed when he was reaching those semi finals and finals. He looked good in Blackpool as well so hopefully the man is back to his best.

* Very nice performance from Jenkins. Mardle had an awful last leg there and seemed to just throw it away in the end, allowing Jenkins to pass the finish line with ease.

ADRIAN LEWIS 2-1 ROBERT THORNTON

Set One : 3-0

* Thornton isn't bad here, but he will have to be on top of his game to beat Lewis.

* Adrian Lewis is magnificent here. He's just driving everything to exactly where he wants it.

Edited by DomDom

Wow - chokeroo (thanks, Sid) from Vincent there. Smith nicks a place in the next round in what was a cracking contest.

Aye greatly enjoyed that match there. Andy Smith continues playing well.

We now have a Denis Ovens match. Joy. The fact that Mark Dudbridge hasn't really set the heather alight on the TV this year either means that this could be dull as dishwater stuff.

Aye greatly enjoyed that match there. Andy Smith continues playing well.

We now have a Denis Ovens match. Joy. The fact that Mark Dudbridge hasn't really set the heather alight on the TV this year either means that this could be dull as dishwater stuff.

I've got a soft spot for Ovens - been waiting for a long time for him to turn it on in a telly tournament. Really bizarre given that he is a fantastic floor player.

Missed doubles cost Ovens in the end - deserved victory for Dudbridge.

Dudbridge played well in spells, but he really has to play better than that in the next round.

Ovens started to pull himself into the match, but he really didn't do enough.

We now have Part and Lloyd and I reckon Part is going to win pretty comfortably in the end.