Darts...

Sideshow

Anderson's doubling CAN be good, but he doesn't play well over a tournament like some do. His inconsistancy goes from match to match. Look at his match against MaGowan. He was superb and constantly opened with doubles and 160 scores and finished the matches well too.

His doubles ARE better. They'll get better and better, so I'm not THAT sure about dismissing him yet. He does seem to have a lack of nerve in big occaisions though.

He is still not even remotely close to the player he was when he beat Taylor in the best final of all time a couple of years back.

Fortunate to get past Tabern in the first round and Newton will give him a game tonight. For me he will get to the semi's at best and looks something of a spent force. Lacks the mentality and the toys go out the pram when he playing poorly.

Hes a player i really like and have done since he was on the BDO. He is tremendous in some legs but falls away completely in others, looks uninterested and throws darts without any effort. Bags of ability but huge mental problems.

Hes a player i really like and have done since he was on the BDO. He is tremendous in some legs but falls away completely in others, looks uninterested and throws darts without any effort. Bags of ability but huge mental problems.

True who else would square up to adrian lewis !

Tonight should be good.I think king will beat andy hamilton.Barney v newton could go all the way.I hope painter beats priestley.And the crowd will be right behind jacko barry for the final match.

Merv seems really unsure of himself tonight - it doesn't help that Hamilton is getting back to his form of a couple of years ago. Hamilton on the verge of a comfortable 3-0 win here...

...which is exactly what happens. Hamilton won't have a more comfortable night at the oche this year.

Edited by The Naitch

Lovely 141 checkout from Wes Newton to take the lead in the 2nd set against Barney.

He follows that up in the next leg with a stunning 12 darter to break the throw. Brilliant stuff.

Newton takes the set 3-0 and is back level with Barney. This could turn into a cracker if Newton keeps this form up.

Edited by The Naitch

Shocking order from the crowd in that third set decider. You half expect it at the PL but not at the Grand Prix.

Newton is playing pretty well but that could be a major blow for him to come back now.

Shocking order from the crowd in that third set decider. You half expect it at the PL but not at the Grand Prix.

Newton is playing pretty well but that could be a major blow for him to come back now.

Yep, it was really poor form from the crowd - hoping that Newton wins just to get it right up them.

If the crowd boo barney like they did to beaton last night ,i dont think he could handle it.

I predict that the crowd will spontaeneously combust at some point during that match.

As long as the morons from last night's crowd aren't there though, it should be a good night of darts.

I predict that the crowd will spontaeneously combust at some point during that match.

As long as the morons from last night's crowd aren't there though, it should be a good night of darts.

Unfortunately darts seems to attract all sorts of dead-beats and low-lifes these days.