Rugby Union

kiwififer

Great result for Glasgow. Got it taped for when I go in, but a bonus point win I was not expecting. I think we probably booked our place in the semi, and I think we will play Ulster, which will be tasty to say the least.

2nd seems like the best Glasgow can finish. That would mean playing third and a game against Connacht if we finish above them. Either way it's looking like back to back games against them, last game of the season over there and hopefully a home semi final.

2nd seems like the best Glasgow can finish. That would mean playing third and a game against Connacht if we finish above them. Either way it's looking like back to back games against them, last game of the season over there and hopefully a home semi final.

Connacht are 32-14 up v Munster with 5min to go. So it looks like they will finish in the top 3

Pat. Lam putting some team together in connaught .

I think they will start to struggle now there players are getting called up to the Irish team? They had a big advantage at the start of the tournament and during the Six Nations as they did not lose a single player to the RWC so they were able to get a good run of results and we're able to keep the run going. But they do deserve to be in the top part of the table and if they get a home semi they will be a hard team to beat.

Its what happens next year for Connacht thats key. Hopefully they hold onto the bulk of the squad but when bigger teams come calling its always difficult. Henshaw has already signed a 3 year deal at Leinster.

I thought this year for Glasgow would be a rebuild and didnt expect too much. Delighted with how the season has went though.

Ulster could do us a favour and beat Leinster.   If they do, and we beat Zebre & Connaught, we'll finish top.   A bonus point win against Zebre means Ulster can't catch us.

Friday's sold out Warriors v Zebre match will now be shown live on BBC Alba.

I think the munster v Edinburgh game was/still is the better option to show? As it should be a better game with the 2 sides competing for 6th spot and the last champions cup spot with the Warriors game being a very one-sided affair.

I'm going to the Connaght game. Pat Lam has built a decent side but it's still early to say whether or not they will be a force.

Firstly, they have Robbie Henshaw who has been mercurial but is going to Leinster next season. Their Nigerian winger is a joy to watch but will surely be heading to England or to elsewhere in the Pro12 in the future.

Despite playing great rugby, could it be that they are running on momentum from the huge benefit they got at the start of the season? Traditionally they are a mid table side and tend to get left alone during the internationals. Remember this is a world cup season where the major sides in the league had players away from the start and focusing on their country so playing weakened sides. The players come back needing time to gel back into their club and the focus becomes Europe mostly. Then they're away again for the 6 Nations. Connaght, whilst doing well to take advantage of their opponents being mostly skeletons, have been relatively unscathed.

We must also remember that the players from the bigger sides will only be getting a proper rest AFTER the Summer tests. E.g. Last season ended, then they're straight into pre-world cup training camps then onto the warm up games. Then the world cup then back to their clubs. Connaght have mostly been spared this imo.

However, I guess someone could counter argue and mention that it hasn't worked this way for the Dragons.

Overall though, it'll still be a tough game in Galway but hopefully our experience of winning must win games will see us over the line. However, bonus point at home to Zebre first would be very helpful.

Edited by come on shire

Alrhough Newport are struggling in the league they have a nice Euro Challenge cup semi to look forward to after knocking out last years winners away from home.           

That is very true and it was a very big shock.  However, I fear for the Dragons when they face Montpellier's ex-international stars IN France...