Rugby Union

kiwififer

The number of serious looking injuries is a bit of a concern.  

I doubt Nel or whichever centre went off near the end will play in the next game, and it sounded as if Barclay did his shoulder, although that could have been Beattie making stuff up.  

As always, cutting down on the handling errors will be the place to start.

I thought it was a shite game to be honest, with neither team playing very well. As someone above said, it was just a game of mistakes. Scotland and Japan can both do much better than that. At least we won.

I think what must be considered is that, despite Japan lacking regulars, the players that came in were up for a battle so credit to them for giving us a hard game.

Secondly, the humid conditions are something that we are simply not used to. Japan are. The last time we played in these conditions were in the South Pacific tour in 2012.

Also, the vast majority of the Scotland squad haven't played competitive rugby in at least a month. Most of the Japanese players are playing in Super Rugby which is well into their season and hurtling towards the play-offs. E.g. a lot play together for the new Japanese franchise the Sunwolves, who I believe play a lot of home games in Singapore for some reason.

After Scotland's win over Japan and France's loss to Argentina, Scotland are now up to 8th in the World Rankings.

We just need to stay above France until after the autumn internationals and we will be 2nd seeds at the world cup (top 8 are the seeded teams)

So same results this weekend, then in the autumn France play Samoa, Australia and New Zealand, and we have Australia, Argentina and Georgia - I would image that this would be one win each so should see us keep 8th unless we take some drubbings off Australia and Argentina

Did anyone see the T14 semis?

2 belters as Toulon beat Montpellier, with Leigh Halfpenny having a great game on his return, and D Carter esq kicking a conversion in the last minute of extra time to earn the win for Racing against Clermont.

FInal at Camp Nou, since all the big French grounds are taken by the Euros, on Friday night.

Did anyone see the T14 semis?

2 belters as Toulon beat Montpellier, with Leigh Halfpenny having a great game on his return, and D Carter esq kicking a conversion in the last minute of extra time to earn the win for Racing against Clermont.

FInal at Camp Nou, since all the big French grounds are taken by the Euros, on Friday night.

They think it is going to be a near sell out(98000) as all tickets apart form the 2 blocks they left for the 2 clubs that are in the final have been sold.