Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just read on bbc website that there's a big scheme on the go for nz fans to 'adopt' lions fans due to lack of hotel accommodation during the tour. Can't imagine anything worse than being a lions fan, spunking thousands to see a gatland side being ragdolled for 50 or 60 points then have to sleep on the floor of a smug all black fans living room.....nice gesture tbf but I'd rather kip in a car park by the bins.

Just read on bbc website that there's a big scheme on the go for nz fans to 'adopt' lions fans due to lack of hotel accommodation during the tour. Can't imagine anything worse than being a lions fan, spunking thousands to see a gatland side being ragdolled for 50 or 60 points then have to sleep on the floor of a smug all black fans living room.....nice gesture tbf but I'd rather kip in a car park by the bins.

Still be better than staying in a hotel with most of the other Lions fans that will be there

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

nice gesture tbf but I'd rather kip in a car park by the bins.

21 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

Still be better than staying in a hotel with most of the other Lions fans that will be there

In the 'rugby fans who are generally c***s' table based on those I played with or been to games with I'd reckon the Kiwis score well as they don't have anything to prove.  My 'league of shame' would be:

Wales
South Africa
England
Australia

Ireland fans seem to becoming pests but everyone else is fine.

Edited by The_Kincardine

21 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

I went to Australia in 2013 on one of the official packages.

I'm glad I just did the flights, hotels and tickets, and had plenty of mates who live out there, because I could not have been fucked hanging out with all the wallopers on the trip.

Apart from the people who had the seats next to me at the games. Hello Colin and Diane from York, hope you're both well.

In the 'rugby fans who are generally c***s' table based on those I played with or been to games with I'd reckon the Kiwis score well as they don't have anything to prove.  My 'league of shame' would be:
Wales
South Africa
England
Australia

Yep internationals I'd agree..
Club wise ulster closely followed by munster win by a fecking mile.

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm glad I just did the flights, hotels and tickets, and had plenty of mates who live out there, because I could not have been fucked hanging out with all the wallopers on the trip.

Changing tack just slightly...if Dante were to rewrite Inferno he'd surely have a 10th circle reserved for those who go on a cricket tour with the barmy army.  A meringue?

Changing tack just slightly...if Dante were to rewrite Inferno he'd surely have a 10th circle reserved for those who go on a cricket tour with the barmy army.  A meringue?

Think they prefer Strawberries and Cream?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wales
South Africa
England
Australia

Good list. I tend to find that the Irish are reasonably good winners. It's when they lose that they become fucking unbearable. 

Going to Australia to watch The Ashes is one of those life-time goals for me. I've only been to one away test match, which was Australia against India at the MCG and that was fantastic, but I would love to travel around Australia and watch England, sort of combine a great holiday with a good sporting event. The idea of being on one of those package tours though makes my skin crawl a bit.

Edinburgh Rugby team to play La Rochelle at BT Murrayfield in the European Rugby Challenge Cup tomorrow (Friday 31 March, kick-off 8pm) – live on Sky Sports.

15. Blair Kinghorn

14. Damien Hoyland
13. Chris Dean
12. Phil Burleigh
11. Tom Brown

10. Jason Tovey
9. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne

1. Murray McCallum
2. Ross Ford CAPTAIN
3. Simon Berghan
4. Anton Bresler
5. Grant Gilchrist
6. Viliame Mata
7. Hamish Watson
8. Cornell du Preez

Replacements

16. Stuart McInally
17. Kyle Whyte
18. Kevin Bryce
19. Fraser McKenzie
20. Viliami Fihaki
21. Nathan Fowles
22. Duncan Weir
23. Glenn Bryce

Players unavailable due to injury: Magnus Bradbury (knee), Jack Cosgrove (ankle), Allan Dell (concussion), Alasdair Dickinson (foot), John Hardie (knee), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Rory Sutherland (groin), Ben Toolis (back)

Even though embra have pulled some stunning European results out of the hat, given run of form and players missing I can't see how embra win this. Love to be wrong tho. Draw seems a very tough reward for how well they did in group.