Rugby Union

kiwififer

Even if the Pro12 play-offs become unobtainable after the Munster game we still have pride to play for.

I'd hate Toony to stick out an inexperienced side in Dublin v Leinster. Other good teams struggle away to Leinster so to send out a 2nd/3rd XV would be asking for a doing which would never do the academy guys confidence any good.

We only get 2 games v Edinburgh per season so I'd like to think we'd field a strong team in front of our home fans when silverware and bragging rights are at stake.

We MAY get away with a second string side v Zebre though. Maybe...

Even if the Pro12 play-offs become unobtainable after the Munster game we still have pride to play for.

I'd hate Toony to stick out an inexperienced side in Dublin v Leinster. Other good teams struggle away to Leinster so to send out a 2nd/3rd XV would be asking for a doing which would never do the academy guys confidence any good.

We only get 2 games v Edinburgh per season so I'd like to think we'd field a strong team in front of our home fans when silverware and bragging rights are at stake.

We MAY get away with a second string side v Zebre though. Maybe...

Think the 2nd string have had enough run outs this season. Id like to see the full baws n aw xv every game until the play offs are mathematically gone and even then id only mix it up a little. The seedlings for next season euro champs cup are still in the balance.

2 hours ago, dogmc said:

Think the 2nd string have had enough run outs this season. Id like to see the full baws n aw xv every game until the play offs are mathematically gone and even then id only mix it up a little. The seedlings for next season euro champs cup are still in the balance.

Still in the balance? So there may be a way to avoid the 4th pot? That would be ideal :)

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Not exactly pushed the boat out as it's only a one year deal. Paddy Kelly also signs a pro deal.

It's normally an initial 1 year deal just after the academy anyways. Probs just to see how they cope in the senior game. Paddy Kelly hasn't had much time yet but George Horne could hopefully be another diamond in the rough.

It's normally an initial 1 year deal just after the academy anyways. Probs just to see how they cope in the senior game. Paddy Kelly hasn't had much time yet but George Horne could hopefully be another diamond in the rough.

I know it would be a bit of a gamble, but thought George had shown enough already that he might have been with a couple of years deal.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I know it would be a bit of a gamble, but thought George had shown enough already that he might have been with a couple of years deal.

Fair point but they are just learning the trade. However, if Horne can keep producing then the future may be rosy.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Really struggling to see the point of Edinburgh tbh

Strong team imho.

Connacht lost over in Italy vs Zebre aswell keeping in mind their away form hasn't been glittering. However they may target Edinburgh as the "bounce back" match.

If John Muldoon, Niyi Adeolokun and Bundee Aki are on their "A" game then Edinburgh may have their work cut out.

Edited by come on shire