Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Cheeky f**k...

Watching the draw, Ireland No8 Jamie Heaslip was very pleased with a draw that pitted his country against Scotland and hosts Japan.

“Getting to avoid South Africa, France and Wales, that’s a big thing for us,”

What a c**t. 

Cheeky f**k...

Watching the draw, Ireland No8 Jamie Heaslip was very pleased with a draw that pitted his country against Scotland and hosts Japan.

“Getting to avoid South Africa, France and Wales, that’s a big thing for us,”

Wales [emoji23] still traumatised by that murrayfield 1st half

Jamie Heaslip spells his name as 'jamie heaslip' on Twitter. Given that he can't be bothered to write his name in an appropriate manner, his comments should be stricken from the record.

*edit* Apparently he punched the air when he saw the draw. What a dimwit! :lol:

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

Jamie Heaslip spells his name as 'jamie heaslip' on Twitter. Given that he can't be bothered to write his name in an appropriate manner, his comments should be stricken from the record.

Complete fud of an Israeli

in other news, the residency laws have been changed from 3 to 5 years. Not sure when it kicks in, or if it is a phased approach, although would have thought Kebble will be our last project signing, unless we start poaching kids at 18 or 19

It kicks in at the end of 2020. But players that sign before that could be eligible after 3 years by the wording of it. It won't stop the drain of the Pacific Islands as Australia, France and England will still bring players over to academys at a young age. It might keep the white South African players that won't get called up to the international side n South Africa

It kicks in at the end of 2020. But players that sign before that could be eligible after 3 years by the wording of it. It won't stop the drain of the Pacific Islands as Australia, France and England will still bring players over to academys at a young age. It might keep the white South African players that won't get called up to the international side n South Africa

Just been reading up, from the sound of it any player signing this year is OK to serve 3 years but from 2018 you need 5 years. I can see a few panic moves over the summer

On 5/10/2017 at 13:40, Allan Jacobsen said:

Insert Kevin Keegan meme here...

I remember Irish Rugby in the 90s. It could end up back there...

49 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Glasgow have signed Lelia Masaga from the Chiefs on a 2 year deal.

1296870506_randymarshjizz.jpg

I wasn't too aware of this gentleman so I did what all good football managers should do and watched a highlight reel on YouTube. I noticed the following things:

1. He's quite excitable. I can see him upsetting a few people. I'm looking at you, Ulster and Munster.

2. He seems to enjoy sliding over the try line on his stomach from about 10 metres out/doing the Chris Ashton swan dive. Sometimes a combination of both. I can see this upsetting a few people. I'm looking at you, Ulster and Munster.

3. I had to change the YouTube speed to 0.25 to see what he was doing.

4. Wid.

Your meme checks out, Mark.

I wasn't too aware of this gentleman so I did what all good football managers should do and watched a highlight reel on YouTube. I noticed the following things:
1. He's quite excitable. I can see him upsetting a few people. I'm looking at you, Ulster and Munster.
2. He seems to enjoy sliding over the try line on his stomach from about 10 metres out/doing the Chris Ashton swan dive. Sometimes a combination of both. I can see this upsetting a few people. I'm looking at you, Ulster and Munster.
3. I had to change the YouTube speed to 0.25 to see what he was doing.
4. Wid.
Your meme checks out, Mark.

Hopefully hoggy will tell him that diving too early on the 4G at Scotstoun can lead to some embarrassment.....otherwise looks a belting signing.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What position he play, age? And is he capped for NZ. Now, I could check all this on Wiki but I really do trust my P&B chums

He's a winger. Hoping, along with Callum Gibbins, Olli Kebble and Adam Hastings, he can help pick up wins over international periods (Huw Jones will be with Scotland). That's what arguably cost us the play-offs this season...

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:27, honestly united said:

In much the same way as Georgia are being denied a place a the top table in Europe at international level, At club level this would look like Italy are going to be denied a team in the European Cup (and same could happen to Scotland in future, as it would be a straight top 6 or 7 qualifying), the Russian clubs are being treated dreadfully again.

The 2 clubs from Krasnador in Siberia are having to play the final of the Qualifying cup (the 2 fianlists get a place in the 2nd tier tournament next year) in Edinburgh on Finals weekend. However they are being stuck on a back pitch at Murrayfield rather than the main pitch, which was deemed good enough to host 5 matches a few weeks back.

I didn't even realise this was happening and would probably have gone along, except with family members I'm going to the EOS League titledecider between LTHV & Leith Athletic at Saughton at 2:30pm then the Saracens-Clermont final at Murrayfield at 5pm - and asking them to do the Challenge Shield Final at 12 noon is probably beyond the pale!

Not been well publicised. Apparently they've put up a 'gazebo' stand.

He's quality.

If we still had the old Scotstoun pitch, I would have thought it was a stupid move, but he'll be brilliant on the artificial one* - an ideal International window signing.

May not be brilliant, but I do have high hopes.