Rugby Union

kiwififer

19 players shows how good Glasgow have been on the domestic front and despite not playing well perhaps a tad unlucky not to snatch the win at Exeter so it's good that we're getting rewarded.  However, we should still have our 1st team on Friday night and vs Leinster next weekend in theory at least.  Then we have the break. 

However, then the idea of being a victim of our own success comes into it.  There is the Ospreys away game at the end of the Autumn Tests when the players will be rested/recovering from internationals.  On the other hand, it could be that the likes of Samuela Vunisa and Lelia Masaga may have comeback from injury and this offers them game time.  Also, Ospreys will have a chunk of players with Wales, Ma'afu Fia goes away with Tonga and Jeff Hassler could also be away with Canada so it could be swings and roundabouts. 

Whilst losing would be disappointing, under the circumstances a losing BP at Ospreys wouldn't be a disaster.  However, I think we need to get into strong a position as possible ahead of the Autumn Tests and that would involve a BP win tomorrow night then a revenge win when Leinster visit next weekend.   

Edited by come on shire

I'm going to the game tomorrow and looking at that team I'm looking forward to it a lot more than I was expecting. A good mix of seasoned campaigners, star players and exciting youngsters. Also looking forward to seeing Dogmc's favourite scrum half play. We should score a few tries anyway.

Had thought Fagerson and Gray might have been rested but otherwise strong team, but still resting plenty of players.

Good to see the other Fagerson back in the team (I rate him higher than his brother and wont be long until he is in the Scotland squad) as well as Grant, hoping he can regain some sort of form

I'm going to the game tomorrow and looking at that team I'm looking forward to it a lot more than I was expecting. A good mix of seasoned campaigners, star players and exciting youngsters. Also looking forward to seeing Dogmc's favourite scrum half play. We should score a few tries anyway.

Hastings has been looking decent too. Niko on the wing means it should be a cracker.....cue it being a 6-3 arm wrestle!

Had thought Fagerson and Gray might have been rested but otherwise strong team, but still resting plenty of players.
Good to see the other Fagerson back in the team (I rate him higher than his brother and wont be long until he is in the Scotland squad) as well as Grant, hoping he can regain some sort of form

If grant gets anywhere near his old form it will be a masterstroke of a signing.

The reason for Bradbury's injury has be revealed by Cockerill.  He was out pished in Edinburgh fell over a knocked him self out  

Exacerbated by him being on a concussion ban too was it not? Harsh lesson for him. Still think he didn't need to extra burden of captaincy but the Hardie story makes Bradbury look relatively trivial. Hopefully he learns from it. Shame he's missing autumn internationals could have been a big chance for him

Exacerbated by him being on a concussion ban too was it not? Harsh lesson for him. Still think he didn't need to extra burden of captaincy but the Hardie story makes Bradbury look relatively trivial. Hopefully he learns from it. Shame he's missing autumn internationals could have been a big chance for him

The concussion ban came from his drunken fall

2 hours ago, dogmc said:

There are suggestions that the Hardie story may not have been fully heard yet. Apparently there are rumours that he may have been involved in a love triangle...

Rugby League world cup kicks off this morning with Australia v England live on BBC2.

English draw first blood and quickly go 4-0 up. Couple of late shots on Cooper Cronk so the English tactics are fairly obvious here.