Rugby Union

kiwififer

53 minutes ago, honestly united said:

World Cup draw is not too bad, Ireland, Japan, Europe 1 (Romania) and Play of winner (probably Samoa)

RWC2019_Match-Schedule-Pool.jpg

The schedule isn't great for us I don't think. We play Japan in the last game on a 4 day turnaround whilst they get at least a week before each game from what I can see.

16 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Jim Hamilton claiming Jobny Gray to Bristol is a "done deal". Anyone heard anything? Or is he just making up transfer rumours?

https://www.ruck.co.uk/jonny-gray-set-make-sensational-move-england-according-former-teammate/

Looks likely that Hamilton is havering:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/glasgow-warriors/claims-that-jonny-gray-is-moving-to-bristol-wide-of-the-mark-1-4602242

The schedule isn't great for us I don't think. We play Japan in the last game on a 4 day turnaround whilst they get at least a week before each game from what I can see.

Tbf we benefitted hugely from them only having a 3 day turnaround from their epic game v sa at laat rwc. Even then we were dreadful in first half. As has been said we should be able to rotate v Romania n have plenty of guys fresh for Japan.

The best option for seethe would be if we need a bonus point draw to top the group while Japan need a bonus point draw to pip Ireland to second place. Japan score a late try in a 43-all draw while the Scotland team play "Angry Birds" on their phones and discuss the weather.

Has anyone received their Scotland season pass in the post yet? Still waiting on mine.

We got ours 2/3 weeks ago.

SRU Facebook today had a post about 60,000+ going to Samoa game which on the back of two sell outs against Australia and the All Blacks seems pretty impressive but they've got season pass holders moaning about having their seats changed as initially only part of the stadium was going to be open. You'd think they'd be happy that so many people want to go especially when you had the opportunity to pick which seats you wanted to move to.

No Hastings? Thought this was exactly the situation he was brought in for.

Maybe thought he was trying bit too hard v Kings n wanted one older head in the half backs v a very streetwise leinster side....by streetwise I mean sexton will be constantly chelping at ref.

Don't think Sexton is playing for Leinster this week, maybe putting two and two together and coming up with five but when he got subbed last week he walked along the 5m line, up the side of the pitch and didn't shake hands with his replacement, I'm wondering if there was a bit of attitude and he's on the naughty step, the above is probably nonsense in which case I reserve the right to be wrong

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

His initiation ceremony was apparently to go naked up the passage of the team coach (by which I mean bus transport not his manager :ph34r:) with an unopened beer bottle stuck into his behind.

One of his team-mates spanked him, forcing the bottle up his rear end and inflicting internal injuries.

Ok - cue suggestions he"bottled it", that it "took bottle", the doctors had to "hook it out", etc.

EDIT: To make it worse some reports suggest the game was away to Jed Forest but he wasn't taken to hospital until they got back to Cupar :o!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Don't think Sexton is playing for Leinster this week, maybe putting two and two together and coming up with five but when he got subbed last week he walked along the 5m line, up the side of the pitch and didn't shake hands with his replacement, I'm wondering if there was a bit of attitude and he's on the naughty step, the above is probably nonsense in which case I reserve the right to be wrong

Or he's just a c**t

This is the unavailable list for Glasgow
Unavailable players: Adam Ashe (ankle), Brian Alanu’uise (knee), Fraser Brown (knee), Rory Hughes (shoulder), Oli Kebble (foot), Paddy Kelly (ankle), Ratu Tagive (achilles), Richie Vernon (achilles).

Zander Fagerson (Scotland), Jonny Gray (Scotland), Stuart Hogg (Scotland), Lee Jones (Scotland), Huw Jones (Scotland), Ali Price (Scotland), Finn Russell (Scotland), Tommy Seymour (Scotland), Ryan Wilson (Scotland).