Rugby Union

kiwififer

Quite a few surprises in there I think. I guess we must have more injuries than expected if Dunbar, Bennett and Taylor all miss out altogether. Starting front row has plenty of experience so hopefully not as poor in the set piece as feared. Replacements look very weak though.

Im suprised at moving Jones to inside centre, rather than playing Taylor there. Maybe the thinking is that Parkes at 12 is a weak link for Wales? And Harris coming in as well infront of Bennett and Taylor. Has he maybe not gone Horne at 12 and Jones at 13 so he has Horne on the bench to cover 10 if required?

Forwards are about where I thought it would be, except I thought Bhatti would start, although coming of the bench he may have more impact about the park.

Jones was outstanding at 12 for the Stormers in both Super Rugby and the Currie Cup, so no issues with him being there.

Wales team was named yesterday, and it's full of overrated shite, although there are still some very good, and dangerous, players in there  -http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42870500

This is really tough to call. I think we have the better 15 especially in the backs. The key I think is who has the better bench. Wales are at home (I'm going to the match can' wait) and home advantage counts for a lot. I would go for a narrow Scotland win but this is a tight fixture. 

19 hours ago, honestly united said:

Im suprised at moving Jones to inside centre, rather than playing Taylor there. Maybe the thinking is that Parkes at 12 is a weak link for Wales? And Harris coming in as well infront of Bennett and Taylor. Has he maybe not gone Horne at 12 and Jones at 13 so he has Horne on the bench to cover 10 if required?

Forwards are about where I thought it would be, except I thought Bhatti would start, although coming of the bench he may have more impact about the park.

I believe Bennett and Taylor are both injured.

I believe Bennett and Taylor are both injured.

I thought they had both just come back from injury, Bennett played for Embra a couple of weeks ago, and thought Taylor played in Sarries last euro game?

Also cant wait for the game, will be in Cardiff tomorrow taking in the Blues Vs London Irish

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

34 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I thought they had both just come back from injury, Bennett played for Embra a couple of weeks ago, and thought Taylor played in Sarries last euro game?

Also cant wait for the game, will be in Cardiff tomorrow taking in the Blues Vs London Irish

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

"Unavailable" is perhaps the word I should have used.