Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The seethe would be glorious.

Especially if Niko repeated his heroics from 2015 and took another dive against Ulster or Munster to deny them a place in the final.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:
Glasgow v Edinburgh in the Pro14 final.

Thank you.

In Ireland with Clancy refereeing. Delicious

It's times like this why refs being mic'd up is tremendous.

4 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

When Nigel Owens takes it seriously, he's the best referee in the world.

When Nigel Owens decides that he's off on one, you'd be as well having Nigel Bates (one for the EastEnders viewers) refereeing.

The game against South Africa in the last world cup was a great example where he lost the plot because he was too busy being the centre of attention on the telly and shouting things about this being a man's game. To be fair, I haven't seen him have a game like that in a long time now, and you'd still rather have him than some Irish p***k who's just going to give England everything.

3 minutes ago, honestly united said:

at the moment the play offs are 2 Scottish, 2 Irish, 1 Welsh and 1 SA thats proper seethe from the Welsh and those that thought the SA's would bring nothing. 

Plus Ulster.

Pleasing

Just to add to this. Currently Scotland has 100% representation in the playoffs.

Some nation.

Best place in Glasgow (west end ideally) to watch the rugby (with a girlfriend so ideally not somewhere that’ll be rammed with standing only)?

The Crafty Pig on Great Western Road show all the Warriors game so I'd imagine they'll have the game on today, couldn't comment on you getting a seat though

Hopefully Russell and to an extend Horne are accurate with their kicking and we can get England going backwards a lot and wear them down. If we do go behind early just need to try and remember that the game is won over 80 minutes and not panic, albeit this is less likely with Laidlaw than it was in Cardiff.

Is it plausible that we produce a stunning performance like Glasgow have done at home against Leicester, Bath and Exeter in recent years and first half v Ireland last year. Out the traps and build score. I remember Wales stuffing a good England side 30 3 at Cardiff few years back doing same thing?
I know it's high risk and I know it can backfire but if it clicks it's pretty awesome

Is it plausible that we produce a stunning performance like Glasgow have done at home against Leicester, Bath and Exeter in recent years and first half v Ireland last year. Out the traps and build score. I remember Wales stuffing a good England side 30 3 at Cardiff few years back doing same thing?
I know it's high risk and I know it can backfire but if it clicks it's pretty awesome
[/

Lets go for awesome and hope for the best, as my pal says you're as well getting hung for a sheep as a lamb

What's people predictions for today?

My glass is permanently half empty so I'm not expecting a win but where are the key areas the could turn the game on Scotlands favour?

I think Scotland will either sneak it or get thumped by 40, have a man sent off and have a scrum half on the wing by half time.

I can’t honestly say I enjoy Calcutta Cup games.