Rugby Union

kiwififer

22 hours ago, afca32 said:

No fan of Ireland or Munster (to put it lightly) but I think he's an excellent pundit and have really come round to him.

He's very similar to Martin Johnson in that I loved him with the Lions, but hated when Glasgow/Scotland played against him.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The Sea Eagles won at the weekend and might avoid the wooden spoon... hurrah! Go Manly. :(

Think it'll be the Dogs. In a bit of turmoil and lost all their half decent players. Tough to call the winners but would probably go the Bunnies if pushed for an answer, would rather anyone else myself.

18 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Teaser for new Scotland kit

Looks very plain, unless that's purple on the shoulders.  The round neck pretty much polarised fans last time round.  Screw 'em, says Macron.  Macron hit the jackpot with the big white collar retro top, but have been largely meh since.

18 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
33 minutes ago, honestly united said:
Looks like we've missed the boat with the Irish and Welsh setting up a reserve pro league
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45196621
Unless a deal has been struck to include them later on?

Or they did not ask us to join

They probably didn't ask us to be fair, but would have been ideal for our new semi pro teams

Edit - Although wonder if this free's up the Irish teams spaces in the B&I cup to allow us to take part in that again?

Edited by honestly united

They probably didn't ask us to be fair, but would have been ideal for our new semi pro teams
Edit - Although wonder if this free's up the Irish teams spaces in the B&I cup to allow us to take part in that again?
It is the replacement/continuation of the British and Irish Cup as it finished last season as the English clubs pull out.

A couple of great kits ruined by a horrid sponsor, again.

The tartan bit on the front of the home shirt needs to be bigger to allow for the large sponsor (it would also look better if it was centred). The back doesn't need both the tartan and the box of players names - one or the other would have done.

I think the away kind of looks like it needs one more white stripe at the top, and the box on the back should have been removed or the colours changed.

They're both annoyingly close to excellent shirts.

Glasgow kits.png

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Heineken Champions Cup Fixtures

Glasgow 

• Sunday 14 Oct, 3.15pm Saracens (H)
• Sunday 21 Oct, 3.15pm Cardiff Blues (A)
• Saturday 8 Dec, 2pm Lyon (A)
• Saturday 15 Dec, 1pm Lyon (H)
• Sunday 13 Jan, 3.15pm Cardiff Blues (H)
• Saturday 19 Jan, 1pm Saracens (A)

Edinburgh

• Saturday 13 Oct, 4.15pm Montpellier(A)
• Saturday 20 Oct, 3.15pm RC Toulon (H)
• Friday 7 Dec, 7.45pm Newcastle Falcons (H)
• Sunday 16 Dec, 3.15pm Newcastle Falcons (A)
• Saturday 12 Jan, 6.30pm RC Toulon(H)
• Friday 18 Jan, 7.45pm Montpellier (H)( Vern Cotter's 1st game at Murryfiled since he left the Scotland job)

First games of the Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup tonight. Australia v New Zealand at ANZ Stadium in Sydney. Might be a few gaps in the crowd as reports indicate ticket sales not as good as anticipated. Might be because the Wallabies are usually shite and can they keep the losing margin to less than 10 points.