Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

No established Rugby Championship player is going to Glasgow or Edinburgh and definitely not a name like Folau.

Whoever comes in will either be a youngster we haven't heard of yet, a Scottish player coming back from England/France or an uncapped antipodean with a Scottish granny I reckon.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hogg confirmed as signing for Exeter.

That’s a great move- a top club with lots of cash, but they also manage their players very well, and Rob Baxter is a great coach.

Thinking about it he may have chosen Exeter because they have agreed to not overplay him. They are cruising in the league due to forward dominance anyway but need an extra spark in Europe and the English playoffs. He obviously won't be playing as little as Sexton but I don't see him getting flogged the way that Wasps and Bath use their players.

As for a replacement Minnozzi looked perfect but who knows after his injury.  Chiefs fullback Shaun Stevenson is apparently Scottish qualified so he might be a target for the SRU at Rennie's old club.

Edited by Detournement

6 hours ago, honestly united said:

To be fair I would rather the money was spent on a couple of 2nd rows, as that is where we are short, and gray is probably next out the door. We have Jackson and Thompson to cover full back as it is, with Seymour and matawalu as back up so no glaring need to spend any spare cash on a big name there

A big name isn't needed but fans always one one. We need forwards strength, but no way we can rely on existing cover starting at FB. I think we have to have someone that suits that position more. 

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

A big name isn't needed but fans always one one. We need forwards strength, but no way we can rely on existing cover starting at FB. I think we have to have someone that suits that position more. 

Im not against signing another FB, I am fully expecting we will. However if we have no grunt up front we wont win any ball to utilise our new attaching full back. I fully expect Gray to be the next out the door when his contract expires and that will be an even bigger whole to fill, just think we should be starting now ,and that should be the priority signing

Didn't even realise big Gordy was in the squad, and I think Dunbar came off injured last week didn't he?

Not a fan of having your sub for a position actually starting (Skinner being the 2nd row replacement) but other than that I could complain about Horne and Harris being in the squad, and Kinghorn being a better option for the bench, and Price starting over Horne jr but its nit picking to be fair.

I think Price being in the squad is fair enough. We really need to keep three scrum halves in the frame in the run up to the World Cup. Price played well as sub in the wins over England and France in this years 6 Nations which is often glossed over. His performance in Cardiff also has to be looked at in the context of Wales also slowing Australia's ball horribly despite Genia's best efforts.

I'm not sure if Dunbar was injured, I think he came off because the game was won. I don't think anyone will start all four games and possibly only Dell, Brown, Gray and McInally will feature in all four.

Edited by Detournement

Still yet to be convinced by Toolis at international level, but I'm guessing he's in to shore up our line out after last week as much as to target theirs. That's a serious looking front row as well. Slightly surprised Strauss isn't starting but I guess he's a utility back row option in case of injuries. Good option to bring on.

That back three is electric as well  :wub:

What the f**k is the referee doing in the Italy game?

ETA: Intercept try to Italy. Instead of letting the guy spot it and then check the TMO he instantly gives an offside to Oz. It wasn't even nearly offside - but that isn't the point - why not use the TMO in a situation like that?

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Tonga, who have been woeful, have a try ruled out for a knock-on but how does the referee not give a penalty against Biggar there? Even the Welsh commentators think it's a penalty FFS.

ETA: Tonga then get away with a questionable hit, which doesn't even get looked at.

Edited by Jaggy Snake