Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

More than happy to agree with this. Looking forward to his standard temper tantrum when Glasgow Scotland are in the ascendancy. Exactly why George Horne (in my opinion) will be Laidlaw's successor and not Price.

This. 

I used to roast that Stirling fan(Dogmg?)or big upping George Horne so much, but he was right.

Pish second half and we're overly reliant on Hogg, even more so when Russell is having one of those games where his decisions are wrong (or his execution is awful when they are right). Line outs were poor other than the Watson try, scrums were a bit all over the place and some of the handling was iffy. Good in a way to get this out the way ahead of the 6 Nations and World Cup but it's still not good to see.

34 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

If we're going to make a c**t of it, I'd rather it was now rather than in the Six Nations or World Cup.

False dichotomy. You know we’ll make a c**t of it then too.

Edited by Frankie S

Pish second half and we're overly reliant on Hogg, even more so when Russell is having one of those games where his decisions are wrong (or his execution is awful when they are right). Line outs were poor other than the Watson try, scrums were a bit all over the place and some of the handling was iffy. Good in a way to get this out the way ahead of the 6 Nations and World Cup but it's still not good to see.
Not sure why you say good to get out the way? That's the way we play, we will play exactly same in 6N, sometimes it pays off sometimes not. When the ball is in our 22, we need to clear our lines. We also need to go through more phases before we unleash the backs. We have a good team, but we will do the same things come 6N.

12 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

This. 

I used to roast that Stirling fan(Dogmg?)or big upping George Horne so much, but he was right.

@dogmc who I hope is still OK given his absence since last year. To be fair, he was also a Glasgow fan.

Irritating result but better now than in an important match.

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Hogg injured again as well. The guy needs to lay off whatever training regime he's on.

For someone who, according to Toonie, apparently needs as many games as possible in case he gets injured, he seems to get injured a lot. Could be an unpopular point of view but might his transfer to Exeter next year be a blessing in disguise for Glasgow? As long as it isn't Folau who replaces him.

5 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

False dichotomy. You know we’ll make a c**t of it then too.

I was typing this through tears. I was mildly raging tonight. I fully expect us to make it to the semis and then do a Gavin Hastings. Or somehow win the whole thing.

Really enjoyed the SA game. Clearly the first half was top notch with cracking tries - the first Scotland one being a classic.

It's good to see SA with a very strong side. World rugby is better when both they and NZ are strong IMO.

Russell was poor yesterday. Both he and Hogg should have cleared their lines several times when they tried to run it.

Townsend will have learned quite a bit about some if his players, as will they, and that will be something he can look to build on with the Six Nations coming up.

I was somewhat annoyed by that result and then I realised was getting annoyed about Scotland losing narrowly to a springboks side that won in Wellington

I’m still annoyed but grateful that this is the kind of thing I’m now getting annoyed about

This is the key thing for me. We have vastly improved as a competitive force in the last few seasons, both in quality and depth.

1 hour ago, printer said:

Really enjoyed the SA game. Clearly the first half was top notch with cracking tries - the first Scotland one being a classic.

It's good to see SA with a very strong side. World rugby is better when both they and NZ are strong IMO.

Russell was poor yesterday. Both he and Hogg should have cleared their lines several times when they tried to run it.

Townsend will have learned quite a bit about some if his players, as will they, and that will be something he can look to build on with the Six Nations coming up.

Townsend's team is as Townsend the player does.   The same accusations you could have made about him (particularly when playing at 10), you could make about his team now.  I'd far rather they play like that and sometimes look incompetent, than to watch a team playing Gatlandball.  

Given the quality of players available, you don't get things like the first try without having the odd jittery slap-your-forehead moment.