Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's about time that the forwards put in a proper ball-carrying shift. We're back to the bad old days where a forward picks up the ball, looks for the nearest opponent, runs into him and falls down.

We'll then re-cycle the ball 30 times going sideways, and eventually knock-on or give away a turnover.  We've been brilliant at that this season.

Things will speed up with Price replacing Laidlaw, and we won't have the ridiculous 5 second pause while the scrum half looks at his options. Let's hope though that Price doesn't have the same sort of brainfart game that he did in Cardiff last February.

I don't feel good about this at all. It won't take much for an absolute humping to be on the cards.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I have absolutely no confidence for this game. We will have decent possession but welsh will defend well and draw errors. These errors will be capitalised on via interceptions and scrappy kick and chases. Wales by 12

The welsh with Tupiric and Navidi will be first to every break down , so any advantage of playing Price over Laidlaw will be nulified as we wont get quick ball. And if we do I dont really see Horne and Grigg being able to unlock the Welsh defence.

Our only hope of winning is keeping the ball in the Welsh half, keeping it tight, dont try anything expanisive and hold onto the ball until the 2nd half in the hope that the Welsh panic as they need the win more than we do which opens up space for us to exploit. But I cant really see it happening

There's a few comments on here that, while not necessarily negative, are quite realistic which is good to see.

Such comments wouldn't be welcome on the Scottish Rugby group on FB which is a utopian paradise where only glowing assessments of the team are allowed.

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

I'm actually being as positive as possible as I'm going to murrayfield tomorrow, lol the fact we are playing the 3rd choice inside and 2nd choice outside centres for Glasgow doesn't fill me with much hope.

I'm going as I've got a season pass.  Not sure if I agree about Pete Horne.  He'd be in my Scotland team every game (at centre ONLY though).  Nick Grigg is an absolute joy to watch and would be in my Glasgow team every week.  However, I'm not convinced about him at international level, granted.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Not sure if I agree about Pete Horne.  He'd be in my Scotland team every game (at centre ONLY though). 

You can't be serious. So you're saying if everyone was fit, on form and available Pete Horne would be your starting 12 every game? Surely Dunbar is a class above and Johnson has shown way more than Horne already?  

Edited by same_ol_g35

I just looked up the prices for the Scotland Women's game against Wales at Scotstoun tonight. Adult tickets are £20! Who the hell is going to pay that? Surely they should be dirt cheap to try and encourage people to go.

Also going tomorrow. Every time I see a Wales side that’s littered with players from bang average teams like Cardiff and Ospreys I can’t help but feel confident! Never seems to pan out that way though.
It's the most galling thing, players who are regularly beaten by the Scottish club sides seen to be able to beat us playing Gatlandball.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Don't shoot me lads, I'm over in Tip for weekend and am going to the Ireland v France game. Allez Les bleus.

IMG_20190308_211524.jpg

You're fooling no one. By "allez let bleus" you mean come on to the Leinster boys in the Ireland team! :P