Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Its so frustrating as I think most people expected us to be bent over and given a good seeing too, but the forwards fronted up, and I think we had the upper hand for the most part. I think a lot of it is the players trying too hard with the silly penalties. Prices was stupid, Brown gave away another stupid penalty, Johnson the same sill barge.

I thought for once today the ref was good, and didnt let the Irish away with a lot of the usual shit the do which was good to see. The positive is at least it was our own mistakes that cost us the game, and we didnt get rag dolled like we did in Japan. Of the forwards i thought everyone put in a shift, Was suprised when Nel came on, what happened to Bergham? I thought Cummings, Sutherland and Haining as the newcomers didn't look out of place, Hastings I thought was decent, Johnson was excellent. 

For next week we just need to trust each other more in defence rather than trying to do everything ourselves which leads to the silly penalties. 

Agreed. Although ref missed a couple of game changers eg Stander turn over just before half time where he was the tackler.

Berghan was injuries pre kick off.

Ireland are in transition but, despite losing very rarely in Dublin, Scotland should have beat them. Hogg buggered things but we should've scored tries yesterday but made crucial errors in the fine margins of attack. Still kicking too much which gave away possession and forced us to defend as every ball went down the throat of Jordan Larmour. I see why Finn cracked up with Toony last year at Twickers.

The positives: Ali Price then George Horne offered a lot more urgency than Laidlaw did. Our scrum was excellent so you can see Pieter de Villiers work there. Defence was also excellent (barring their try) so Steve Tandy's work getting noticed. All foundations to build on for Sat when England visit, and we left Dublin with a losing BP.

I was at the Shire game yesterday vs Dalbeattie Star but decided to watch Wales v Italy on BBC iPlayer at the same time. Wayne Pivac still untested as beating the Barbarians doesn't count, and getting a BP win at home to Italy should really just be standard anyway. Italy were beyond hopeless away from home as is usual fare.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
An infuriating game - Scotland had more than enough chances to kill this game.

Ireland grinding out with their "streetwise" rugby.

Said this before game and shitebags like Mark Connolly said otherwise. Craven arsehole

f**k off JLD, no need for that shite.

Skybet offering 3.50 for Teddy Thomas and 4.0 for Vakatawa to score a try today. I'm expecting England to win but that is very generous, especially considering Vakatawa has been playing like a bulldozer for Racing this year.
I have a feeling France may win 6 nations but not slam. I think we will beat them at Murrayfield.@Mark Connolly. Apologies I was out of order with my comment yesterday.

Think that was the right decision, but with the wrong rationale. It looks like it hits the French players hand but goes backwards, then hits Lawes and lands in the other French player's hands. As Brian Moore said though, England just stopped playing instead of playing to the whistle.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Think that was the right decision, but with the wrong rationale. It looks like it hits the French players hand but goes backwards, then hits Lawes and lands in the other French player's hands. As Brian Moore said though, England just stopped playing instead of playing to the whistle.

I don't think it hit the french player at all. It came off the bicep of the England player.

Lots of mistakes in this game. It's actually been quite scrappy, but the French defence has been tremendous and the first try was good. I assume England decided to pick a competition winner at fullback rather than a professional rugby player?