Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Detournement said:
I had to look to see if Finn is playing later against Toulouse. He is and he is up against Cheslin Kolbe playing in the 10 shirt for ST. 
Definitely worth digging out a stream for.

Richie Gray playing too?

No. He's not featured much at all this season.

I've not had a chance to watch it but it's 17 all at HT. 

Scarlets was an odd one ending up being out on loan at Harlequins, but he must have done ok at Stade to get a deal at Lyon for hte rest of this year, and a contract at Exeter
Lord knows what happened at Scarlets, but he had been playing regularly then all of a sudden was shipped out to Quins. A few years ago it looked like a straight fight between him and Price to take over from Laidlaw, but SHC has fallen right out the picture due to his lack of games, and the emergence of George Horne.

3 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Feels a bit like late era Hadden when he insisted on ignoring the Evans brothers and played Simon Webster at 13 just to be contrary. 

I think Harris is decent enough but surely Hutchison is worth a start.

oooooooft thinking of those backline options gives me the boak. Was just looking through the 2009 Six nations results and answers on a postcard who scored our second try in a victory over Italy. 

41 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

oooooooft thinking of those backline options gives me the boak. Was just looking through the 2009 Six nations results and answers on a postcard who scored our second try in a victory over Italy. 

Nick de Luca? Or one of our other mediocre backs of that era?

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m guessing he was an under-the-radar Kilted Kiwi? That’s not a Peebles tan.

Zimbabwean by all accounts.

Looking through these squads, the problem seems a lot more specific than I remembered. 2007-2010 our pack was probably as strong, at least, as it is now. Three top class scrum halves, and no one of the class of Hogg or Graham in the back three but the Lamont's, Paterson, Nikki Walker, the Evans brothers were all solid enough back three players. 

Problem really seems to have been specifically in the midfield, hence the Simon Webster at 13 fun as mentioned previously. And I say that as someone who is a Dan Parks fan

Zimbabwean by all accounts.

Looking through these squads, the problem seems a lot more specific than I remembered. 2007-2010 our pack was probably as strong, at least, as it is now. Three top class scrum halves, and no one of the class of Hogg or Graham in the back three but the Lamont's, Paterson, Nikki Walker, the Evans brothers were all solid enough back three players. 
Problem really seems to have been specifically in the midfield, hence the Simon Webster at 13 fun as mentioned previously. And I say that as someone who is a Dan Parks fan
We had no creative out half, that was the main problem