Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow just lack in every department. Defence isn't solid, attack doesn't quite threaten enough and the set piece isn't good enough. So many mistakes as well. Glasgow under Rennie or Townsend would have won that.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Glasgow just lack in every department. Defence isn't solid, attack doesn't quite threaten enough and the set piece isn't good enough. So many mistakes as well. Glasgow under Rennie or Townsend would have won that.

Every week I wonder why our best outside centre is playing at full back. I know we are short in the back 3, but if you're going to pick the young guys, surely we need everyone else in their strongest position?

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Every week I wonder why our best outside centre is playing at full back. I know we are short in the back 3, but if you're going to pick the young guys, surely we need everyone else in their strongest position?

Especially when they dumped Bryce. It's not like Ferguson is some up and coming youngster getting game time. It rather have Bryce at fullback and Jones on the middle with Johnson.

Still, that was a reasonably strong Glasgow team tonight, with several internationals on the pitch and they just didn't look like they had enough about them. There is no guile in attack, or solidity in defence. A lot of them don't even look fit. Hate to say it, but they look badly coached.

after 32 years Dan Carter has announced his official retirement from professional rugby
Came on to post the same, a phenomenal player. His performance against the Lions in Wellington in 2005 was superb. Obviously kens his stuff too, not that Gatland will take any notice.20210220_100908.jpg

Red cards for head contact being handed out like confetti in the Premiership this weekend. Two last night in the Bath Gloucester game, and now 2 more in the Leicester Wasps game.

I know forwards are traditionally thick, but you'd have thought they'd be starting to get the point

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Red cards for head contact being handed out like confetti in the Premiership this weekend. Two last night in the Bath Gloucester game, and now 2 more in the Leicester Wasps game.

I know forwards are traditionally thick, but you'd have thought they'd be starting to get the point

The commentators/pundits after these red cards are starting to annoy me - far too much sympathy for the players. First one the guy connects with the head of someone standing at the back of a ruck and the second the guy alongside a tackler decides to shoulder barge the opposition in the head.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

The commentators/pundits after these red cards are starting to annoy me - far too much sympathy for the players. 

Yep, desperate to find some sort of mitigation. I know we all though Fagerson's was harsh last week, but based on that standard, every single one this week is a definite red.