Rugby Union

kiwififer

Changes aplenty to the Scotland squad.

Gray, Cummings, Sutherland and Redpath all injured while Javan Sebastian also drops out.

In come uncapped Warriors Ollie Smith and Kiran McDonald, along with Berghan, Kebble, Sykes and Lang. Josh Bayliss also available after missing the first two games

18 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Who do you reckon are our starting locks for France game? Gray and his tackle rate will be a big miss.

Think it has to be Skinner and Gilchrist. With Gray and Cummings out they're the only ones with relevant experience available, although some of the others are pretty talented. I'd bring Bayliss into the back row as well, he's got the workrate we'd miss without Gray. 

Backline I'd bring Johnson back in at 12, need a good defender there against France. Real shame about Redpath, hope he's back for the last 2 as we need someone with his creativity in there. Staggered that we're still pretending Adam Hastings isn't 100% our 2nd best option at 10 and continuing with Kinghorn because he can play 1 more position than him. 

Think it has to be Skinner and Gilchrist. With Gray and Cummings out they're the only ones with relevant experience available, although some of the others are pretty talented. I'd bring Bayliss into the back row as well, he's got the workrate we'd miss without Gray. 
Backline I'd bring Johnson back in at 12, need a good defender there against France. Real shame about Redpath, hope he's back for the last 2 as we need someone with his creativity in there. Staggered that we're still pretending Adam Hastings isn't 100% our 2nd best option at 10 and continuing with Kinghorn because he can play 1 more position than him. 
Gray will be a big miss, bit concerned that we are now a tad threadbare up front.
Our backs really fired so far, so they need to step up!

forgot fagerson was injured but surprised Bayliss didn't get the nod at 6. Delighted for Darge but not sure about the size of that back row, may at least have us more competitive at the breakdown which has been a bit of an issue for a while now. 

Backs as before, would've had Johnson back with no Redpath, worry about Tuipulotu's defence against Dante.

Get the physicality and breakdown back up to acceptable levels, don't give away daft penalties and work through the phases better in attack and we have a chance. Not much though, I'd say France by a score 

Starting 15 is as strong as we can manage at the moment given the injuries, apart from maybe Johnson at 12. First and foremost we should be picking at team to play to our strengths which needs players quick to the breakdown so we can generate quick ball for the backs.

Good to see Bennett back in the match day squad, but im pretty worried for this one, hopefully if we can keep it tight the French will either panic and throw a punch or try to run it from their own 22 when winning with the clock red again, or something similar

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

52 is no age at all. One of the most successful players to play both codes.

I had the honour of watching him for both Wasps and then Newcastle.

He was a specimen!  Even in his latter days, when he had lost a bit of pace, there was a sense of excitement when he got the ball, and anticipation of the havoc he was about to unleash.

Couldn't find much video of him (playing union), and although this is not a glorious try, it was a moment I still remember every now and then, and can say "I was there"!

He was an absolute star, and one of my heroes!

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Found this, i haven't watched it, but I'm sure there will be plenty clips showing Inga's famous "SIT DOWN" side step.

Even though I'm a Wasps fan, you have to admire that 97/98 team, with dare I say it Scotlands greatest player Gary Armstrong in it.

Will watch this soon though.

Yours

aDONis