Rugby Union

kiwififer

19 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
Oh Italy............

That'll be talk of relegation starting up again.

Italy haven’t really progressed in the 20+ years they’ve been in the 6N.  All bar a couple of seasons they’ve been whipping boys.  About time there was a pathway in and out.

Italy haven’t really progressed in the 20+ years they’ve been in the 6N.  All bar a couple of seasons they’ve been whipping boys.  About time there was a pathway in and out.
Yeah, it's a shame as they had a few years where they were OK but last 7-8 years they've been guff. Get Georgia in, hopefully a smaller nation coming in can see the game continue to grow there. Georgia are never going to be among the best at football (apart from against us) but have been a decent 2nd tier side, would be nice if they could have a similar progression as Argentina then Japan have

Just getting round to ree-watching the game, 20 minutes in we are the better team at 11-6, but there are a few concerns. Russells aim with the kicks to touch is off, and we do seem slower about the park. Although Skinner is playing well (maybe should be in 2nd row inplace of Gilchrist, we are missing the extra pace in the back row (Graham getting turned over in the first minute or so an example). Fagerson is doing well, but Tuiplotu has hardly touched the ball so far.

2nd part of the first half we have regressed / Wales have come into the game more. I would say its down to the pace as we are not getting the numbers to the breakdown and Wales are winning turnovers or penalties. I know hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but would we have been better starting with Sutherland and Fagerson at prop rather than the slower Nel and SChooeman? And Darge rather than Skinner? We are not controlling the breakdown like we did against England, which has not given platform to work with

17 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
20 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
Oh Italy............

That'll be talk of relegation starting up again.

I think it's very unwise for Scotland fans to want to bring relegation in or for Italy to be binned.  We'd be in big bother ourselves if that happened so be careful what you wish for.

Matt Williams was one of our worst head coaches but the great paradox is that he was speaking to Virgin Media at the weekend saying that Scotland should shut up with the talking until they start backing it up consistently.  He makes a great point.

France at home is now simply must win.  If we don't, then whilst I'd wager we'd win in Rome, I can't see us getting anything in Dublin as Ireland are just unbelievable at home these days.  Assuming that's the case, it'd be just 2 wins with a World Cup just 18 months away with SA and Ireland in our pool.  Maybe change will be required?

2 things, firstly how come we looked incapable of playing in wet weather? The number of knock ons compared to Wales was shocking. Surely these players should be used to playing and training in the wet most of the time and be able to adapt? SUrely they must be working on a plan b when the weather, or the opposition dont let us play how we want too.

Also on the crowd, yes at the Milenium the noise is something else, but its not a hostile enviroment like you would get at some football matches. If you cant get yourself up for that sort of atmosphere then when will you

Matt Williams was one of our worst head coaches but the great paradox is that he was speaking to Virgin Media at the weekend saying that Scotland should shut up with the talking until they start backing it up consistently.  He makes a great point.
France at home is now simply must win.  If we don't, then whilst I'd wager we'd win in Rome, I can't see us getting anything in Dublin as Ireland are just unbelievable at home these days.  Assuming that's the case, it'd be just 2 wins with a World Cup just 18 months away with SA and Ireland in our pool.  Maybe change will be required?
Matt Williams is a dick but he's right..
We simply need to beat France and Italy, then at least have something to play for in Dublin.
Otherwise, bad season

As much as he is right that we aren't producing the goods often enough, I've not seen any evidence of Scotland players talking themselves up tbh.

CVC looking into getting shot of Italy and introducing SA to the 6 Nations (allegedly).

I think it's a terrible idea, leaving the Championship (post Covid) with Aus, NZ and Argentina.  

6 Nations improved, but from a personal point of view making it exponentially harder for Scotland to win a GS.

Italy and everyone else...  FVKKED!

CVC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

10 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

CVC looking into getting shot of Italy and introducing SA to the 6 Nations (allegedly).

I think it's a terrible idea, leaving the Championship (post Covid) with Aus, NZ and Argentina.  

6 Nations improved, but from a personal point of view making it exponentially harder for Scotland to win a GS.

Italy and everyone else...  FVKKED!

CVC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CVC should look at getting the REC on board and the rest of the European leagues and putting in place promotion / relegation play off to the 6 Nations based on a 2 yearly table (ie playing everyone home and away). Extra money to the REC should improve the teams and be less of issue for the teams dropping down, a strong Spain and Germany would help grow rugby worldwide also. I've always said (much like when Romania were ignored in the 80's only for Italy to get in in hte 90's) that if it was Germany or Spain knocking on the door, rather than Georgia there would be promotion and relegation by now. It will be interesting if Russia become the top team if things change and its quickly the Gazprom 6 nations rather than Guiness.

Yes there is a chance somewhere down the line that Scotland could be relegated, but it would be a strong chance of bouncing back up, probably better for it after 2 years of winning. 

And SA isnt great for the fans either (not to mention our chances of winning), you can hardly make a weekend out of Cape Town or Johannesburg