Rugby Union

kiwififer

A comfortable bonus point win away from home is absolutely fine by me. Two teams who were very happy to show each other their weaknesses early and often. Price's performance the best example - oh, I can just go through this gap? I will continue to do that, thank you. Execution let us down at times, Hogg's frustration at Steyn massively overrunning that pass at the end was pretty emblematic of some of our play. Turns a potential 20 point margin into an 11 point margin when Italy score at the other end. Pretty boring, for reasons we've discussed over and over again, at times but all of the scores were terrific. Job done, let's move on to get beat in Ireland. 

On the plus side, I thought Schoeman had his best game in a Scotland strip, on the negative I would have taken Russell off after 50 minutes.

Also how far forward was Prices pass to Hogg, it cross the 22 forward yet the ref/tmo dont pick it up. I would be raging if it was against us.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ll have some of whatever you’re smoking if you think that performance would see anything other than a comfortable defeat in Dublin.

I mean I've not phrased it particularly well but I still thinks it's pretty clear that I am suggesting we will see a comfortable defeat in Dublin. 

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

On the plus side, I thought Schoeman had his best game in a Scotland strip, on the negative I would have taken Russell off after 50 minutes.

Also how far forward was Prices pass to Hogg, it cross the 22 forward yet the ref/tmo dont pick it up. I would be raging if it was against us.

Yeah Schoeman was superb I thought. Russell was pretty good until then but would agree, I actually was a bit frustrated we took so long to make some of the changes given the game was won. Would've been good to see Vellacott, Hastings and Sione given a good 20 minutes to, I dunno, impact the game maybe? 

12 minutes ago, honestly united said:

It was less forward than the pass in the lead up to the 3rd French try a fortnight ago. 

It went about a metre forward in 20m from a running player. They are never given.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

It was less forward than the pass in the lead up to the 3rd French try a fortnight ago. 

It went about a metre forward in 20m from a running player. They are never given.

Had it been at the other end you’d have been moaning about cheating referees.

Edited by S7C

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I mean I've not phrased it particularly well but I still thinks it's pretty clear that I am suggesting we will see a comfortable defeat in Dublin. 

I’ve had numerous delicious pints and made a tit of myself in drunkenly misreading your post. Apologies.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve had numerous delicious pints and made a tit of myself in drunkenly misreading your post. Apologies.

Haha no bother man was reading it back trying to see if I hadn't been clear enough and was a bit confused. Exams for work next week so just a couple of bottles for me today, enjoy yourself!