Rugby Union

kiwififer

I saw little to trouble Ireland in Dublin next Saturday. It was disjointed, we allowed Italy to stay competitive and gave them 3 tries. 

Since we got knocked out of the pool stage at the last World Cup, we've had 2 4th place finishes in a row. Wales will get the bonus point in Cardiff vs Italy next Saturday so we'll probably be 5th this year. This is 18 months from the next World Cup with South Africa and Ireland in the pool. We're playing for 3rd on this evidence. 

However, to appease the apologists who only want to hear positivity, it's still a bonus point win. Hogg was good but Price was excellent. Johnson and Harris in the centres were excellent and so was Rory Darge. 

Great players but not well coached imo. A bit like at Glasgow these days. 

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think some supporters would have been happier if we spent more time building pressure through phases and set piece rather than just running in tries. 

There were some obvious weaknesses today - Fagerson at 8, and Steyn on the wing, but it’s as well as Schoeman, Hogg and Price have played for a while.  Graham might be the best finished Scotland has produced in a decade.  Not great, not awful.  

Ireland just aren't playing their own game at all. They normally happily trundle through the forwards until opportunities open up but they're forcing passes and offloads that are never on, just because they feel they should with the extra man.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Outside the Kiwis, South Africans and Welsh, the Irish are usually masters of killing games. They're making a proper mess of this. Scrum is falling apart and their backs are all over the place.

I missed the first half of the Scotland game today but saw most of the second half. Disappointed we allowed Italy to come back into the match but job done. Reckon we will get beat by Ireland next Saturday to end the tournament with the same record as last year. I'd like to see some progress in results. 

Really disappointed with Ireland today. Thought it could have been a cricket score with such an early red card and 8-0 lead. I wonder if the red card gave the English a point to prove and the Irish forced things too much causing them to make too many errors

I missed the first half of the Scotland game today but saw most of the second half. Disappointed we allowed Italy to come back into the match but job done. Reckon we will get beat by Ireland next Saturday to end the tournament with the same record as last year. I'd like to see some progress in results. 
Really disappointed with Ireland today. Thought it could have been a cricket score with such an early red card and 8-0 lead. I wonder if the red card gave the English a point to prove and the Irish forced things too much causing them to make too many errors

We won 3 games last year, hence if (when) we get beat in D4 next week we will actually only have 2 wins this season, so we will have a worse record than last Yr, not same.

Ireland outplayed for much of today.

I will continue to say it but an accidental clash of heads is not a red card offence.

Imagine in football,  if a defender accidentally clashed heads at a corner with a striker.  Would we really be calling for a sending off.

Nobody (and I repeat nobody) targets a ball carrier with their own face.

The current laws aren’t up to scratch.  I’m not saying that their intent is completely wrong, just that they are out of balance.

It’s spoiling the game.