Rugby Union

kiwififer

The timing of the announcement does seem odd, but I wonder if he was due to be out of contract at Exeter, or if he was the one of the rumoured high earners they were trying to cut loose to save money. Announcing it this way avoids all the speculation about where he might be next season, etc, and the whole “after RWC” has been a standard retirement announcement for years

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The timing of the announcement does seem odd, but I wonder if he was due to be out of contract at Exeter, or if he was the one of the rumoured high earners they were trying to cut loose to save money. Announcing it this way avoids all the speculation about where he might be next season, etc, and the whole “after RWC” has been a standard retirement announcement for years

Yeah, Exeter definitely seem to be in some kind of trouble and Hogg probably hasn't played enough to justify his wages. I take it the URC/Prem, etc won't kick off next season until the WC is underway? Wonder if Hogg will actually play for Exeter again?

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Yeah, Exeter definitely seem to be in some kind of trouble and Hogg probably hasn't played enough to justify his wages. I take it the URC/Prem, etc won't kick off next season until the WC is underway? Wonder if Hogg will actually play for Exeter again?

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I wonder if he has already put the feelers out and realised he wont be able to command anywhere near the same wage at Exeter, and with the rest of the premiership in the same boat, and no one in the URC going to match the wages his only option was probably France or Japan. France is way more games a year, and he maybe didnt fancy Japan

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Edinburgh are very much mid 2000s Scotland at the moment. Lots of huff and puff, very little creativity, some moments of absolute madness, and absolutely shite discipline

Yeah, they are considerably less than the sum of their parts. A lot of these guys look so much better for Scotland. Different player better.

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, they are considerably less than the sum of their parts. A lot of these guys look so much better for Scotland. Different player better.

Given the hype Leicester get, they should be out of sight against a team this bad.

They are fucking shite as well though

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Given the hype Leicester get, they should be out of sight against a team this bad.

They are fucking shite as well though

All the English teams are quite overrated I think. It's why you get all these superstars falling flat on their face when they get called up to the international teams.

15 minutes ago, GAD said:

All the English teams are quite overrated I think. It's why you get all these superstars falling flat on their face when they get called up to the international teams.

Absolutely.

It's funny how, across all sports, English teams and leagues are always considered the "best in the world" or "world class" by the English media, despite constant evidence to the contrary

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely.

It's funny how, across all sports, English teams and leagues are always considered the "best in the world" or "world class" by the English media, despite constant evidence to the contrary

I noticed this with Nick Mullins. And it’s not even just the teams (the England test team isn’t even the best test team in England), it’s stupid things like Itoje is the best turner in the world, Steward is the best kick returner jumper, and Farrell is the best grubber kicker.  

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Fucking hell, what a try to lose. Absolute nightmare from Pyrgos then Duhan.

Tell you what, if you pick a team purely on club form, Duhan isn’t anywhere near the Scotland squad.  Dare I say it, but he needs a move. Maybe even to Glasgow. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Tell you what, if you pick a team purely on club form, Duhan isn’t anywhere near the Scotland squad.  Dare I say it, but he needs a move. Maybe even to Glasgow. 

Well, he's not under any threat for his place from Darcy Graham at the moment

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This is what I mean, these guys who are brilliant for Scotland are dreadful when they play for Edinburgh, completely different players. There's a complete disaster for Graham now that will likely cost a try and probably finish the game.