Rugby Union

kiwififer

Well lads, if you think we on P&B are one eyed, I was the only Glasgow fan in my section who thought that was a red!

We also have a group of the worst type of Munster fans behind us. Patronising, arrogant, and absolutely seething at any perceived sleight.

Hopefully we can turn this round, but the mood in the stadium is not positive

IMG_8327.thumb.jpeg.ed31a22202892b8765d7880719e5e656.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Well lads, if you think we on P&B are one eyed, I was the only Glasgow fan in my section who thought that was a red!

We also have a group of the worst type of Munster fans behind us. Patronising, arrogant, and absolutely seething at any perceived sleight.

Hopefully we can turn this round, but the mood in the stadium is not positive

IMG_8327.thumb.jpeg.ed31a22202892b8765d7880719e5e656.jpeg

FTFY.

Leinster and Munster supporters are generally a dreadful mob. They think they're hilarious.

Not quite as hilarious as the Ulster supporters who turned up at the PRO12 final solely to boo Niko.

I was at a wedding so missed it and watched it as live today. What a let down after the first 15. I get the feeling Smith over-thought it. You have arguably one of the best centre partnerships going so just play them. Tuipolotu is better at 12 and McDowalll at 13 imo. Munster didn’t have to respect Jones’ break. Either play Johnson / McD or Hewipolotu.

6-2 bench was a big hindrance again as no 10 / kicking option killed us. I don’t understand the rationale. 

Miotto, in his limited appearances appears to be a better 10 than Jordon so hopefully he plays in the cup final.

18 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Suprised and not suprised at the same time. We had probably one of our best seasons in recent years so is good that we are going to have a bit of continuity but you are left wondering if someone else would get more out of this squad.

Definitely this. Also find the length of contract a bit surprising. If he does leave at the end of it, it only gives a new guy one autumn and one 6 nations before the 2027 World Cup. 

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

Suprised and not suprised at the same time. We had probably one of our best seasons in recent years so is good that we are going to have a bit of continuity but you are left wondering if someone else would get more out of this squad.

Did we?  Not trolling, but Scotland beat a rebuilding England, an atrocious Wales and Italy by a flattering score line after they pounded us second half.  Ireland could have put 50 up, and the France game was a box of frogs.  I remain to be convinced Townsend has made any progress.   I also remain to be convinced he won’t walk after we get papped in the group stage. 

When is a 3 year contract not a 3 year contract? Can see him either leaving at the next Lions Tour, or being extended to the 2027 RWC, assuming he lasts past this one.

It was probably the most likely outcome after Leon MacDonald was confirmed as joining the AB set up

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Did we?  Not trolling, but Scotland beat a rebuilding England, an atrocious Wales and Italy by a flattering score line after they pounded us second half.  Ireland could have put 50 up, and the France game was a box of frogs.  I remain to be convinced Townsend has made any progress.   I also remain to be convinced he won’t walk after we get papped in the group stage. 

I would tend to agree, but you can also frame it we won 3 and only lost to the top 2 ranked teams in the world. I can see him walking at some point also, or also being pushed out if someone else suddenly shows an interest

Glasgow have confimred the players leaving this year

https://glasgowwarriors.org/glasgow-warriors-confirm-2022-23-leavers/?fbclid=IwAR0CuHzFGn_o_1cfvoglwcrbj9eIlvbn35ag1iVeCbwRBy3AyUbEeNggCKQ

Sam Johnson is the obvious shock on the list, however given we still have Jones, Tuipolotu and McDowall we are Scotland squad heavy so probably need to free up some space for youngsters / non SQ to take up hte slack during WC and 6N's. I would still have him at inside centre above anyone else we currently have, hopefully he is still in the NH and available for Scotland.

Forbes and Bergham are also both a loss as both are solid 1st team starting material. Bergham is still in and around hte Scotland set up so hopefully he gets a decent gig for next year.

I never thought Beann was reqular starting material and squad player at best, so not overly worried about losing him. 

I thougth Neild looked good in the few games he had, but was only ever a short term deal and wont be suprised if he gets picked up by a prem team for next year.

35 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Sam Johnson is the obvious shock on the list, however given we still have Jones, Tuipolotu and McDowall we are Scotland squad heavy so probably need to free up some space for youngsters / non SQ to take up hte slack during WC and 6N's. I would still have him at inside centre above anyone else we currently have, hopefully he is still in the NH and available for Scotland.

Forbes and Bergham are also both a loss as both are solid 1st team starting material. Bergham is still in and around hte Scotland set up so hopefully he gets a decent gig for next year.

Surprised a bit at Forbes. I agree Johnson has slipped down the list and perhaps SRU would want to see him play more - Edinburgh an option?