Rugby Union

kiwififer

We're playing a team who're experienced in winning serious silverware albeit not the side they once were. We're getting taught a serious lesson. It happens. We just need to suck it up and get back to the drawing board.

Having said that, we allowed them to start at a fast pace then when you're on the back foot against good teams you struggle to reverse that.

I would get Darge, Gray and Matthews on asap. I understand the selection but it just hasn’t worked. Our tactic of injuring their entire back line might eventually pay off.

That last Miotti kick through was just pointless.

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Too high an error count, and no match for their power.

Sad way to end the season

This. Toulon might not be the team they once were, but they are still more than good enough to make the most of the amount of cheap possession that Glasgow gave them tonight.

Yeah, just not good enough in the end. Some really basic errors and I think the pressure got to a few guys. I think Brown might struggle to make the world cup now, Townsend isn't going to make the mistakes he did in 2019 with guys who have done it before but aren't playing well now.

Sad end to the season indeed.

11 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, just not good enough in the end. Some really basic errors and I think the pressure got to a few guys. I think Brown might struggle to make the world cup now, Townsend isn't going to make the mistakes he did in 2019 with guys who have done it before but aren't playing well now.

Sad end to the season indeed.

Brown’s not even in the initial training squad which makes Smith’s decision to completely bin Turner so bizarre. Tbf Turner’s throwing has been a bit suspect recently. Gray should have started ahead of Cummings if they wanted to go big and physical.

It was reminiscent of the chastening pumping in the 2014 Pro 12 final, but the problem is we won’t likely qualify for the Challenge Cup and we probably don’t have the resources to make a really deep run in the Heineken Cup, so that was a fairly rare chance and they just didn’t turn up.

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

Brown’s not even in the initial training squad which makes Smith’s decision to completely bin Turner so bizarre. Tbf Turner’s throwing has been a bit suspect recently. Gray should have started ahead of Cummings if they wanted to go big and physical.

It was reminiscent of the chastening pumping in the 2014 Pro 12 final, but the problem is we won’t likely qualify for the Challenge Cup and we probably don’t have the resources to make a really deep run in the Heineken Cup, so that was a fairly rare chance and they just didn’t turn up.

Of course, I actually forgot about that.

Gray should have started anyway, he's an absolute cheat code at the lineout, both attacking and defending. It doesn't matter how your hooker throws when he's on. If you get it in his general direction he catches it anyway.

Thing is though, it wasn't just Brown's throwing that was a bit off, it was the decision making. Gray wasn't going to make any difference to the three back of the lineout throws in our own 22 that directly cost 3 tries.

Edinburgh seem to have made some decent signings for next season with Steele, Ashman, Sebastian, Healy, Hislop and Dodd all seeming to be good additions, although less in qty than has left the quality seems better.

However Glasgow at the moment have 1 player coming in, granted they havent lost as many but I thought there would have been more incomings announced