Rugby Union

kiwififer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-12409835/SHAUN-EDWARDS-Justice-served-Owen-Farrell-RIGHT-cleared-play-course-player-safety-paramount-reality-collision-sport.html 

Apologies for the DM links but if I had to guess the name in rugby that would back the indefensible in Farrell’s case, Shaun Edwards would be high on the list.

10 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-12409835/SHAUN-EDWARDS-Justice-served-Owen-Farrell-RIGHT-cleared-play-course-player-safety-paramount-reality-collision-sport.html 

Apologies for the DM links but if I had to guess the name in rugby that would back the indefensible in Farrell’s case, Shaun Edwards would be high on the list.

Sigh. I'd have some sympathy on this argument about slow motion if it had been a tackle where it was minimal contact or where the guy was very low down late on, but Farrell sees him coming, doesn't wrap and cleans him to the head.  

5 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

He'd be better just saying that the Farrells have been his mates for years.

33 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Hopefully going to be rectified now... 

"Following further review, Owen Farrell has been appointed Chairman of World Rugby, heir to the throne, and 2007 Williamwood High School Mariokart Champion. We apologise to Mr Farrell profusely for any inconvenience"

8 hours ago, flyingscot said:

If anything it's World Rugby sending a message to it's panels. 

Yeah, at the very least it shows that World Rugby are behind their own framework, and the disciplinary process is independent. Presumably they would also be entitled to appeal a long ban if they felt it was detrimental to the game, although that's obviously less likely.

I saw a good video with Will Greenwood discussing it, where he said one of the problems with the whole thing is the fact that it's Farrell, so all the discussion has become a question of whether you like the player or not. His argument (correctly) was that when you take the personalities out of it, a tackler didn't lower his height, tucked his arm, and hit the ball carrier on the chin with his shoulder. It's a red card at any level, and how the panel cleared him is just bizarre.

Some of the refereeing in this England game is actually embarrassing, especially at the scrum. He's so obviously wrong, surely the TMO or someone has to intervene because he's handing the game to Ireland.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Absolutely crazy from Vunipola. Obviously doesn't fancy the World Cup.

Surely that’s getting upgraded? Again, no attempt at an actual tackle, just blasted the guy in the face with the shoulder.