Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just watched the whole of the Glasgow game without knowing the score first, and glad I did. The Warriors are everything Edinburgh aren't: cussed, resilient and mature. Those 2 points could be priceless.  

On 10/05/2024 at 22:00, mcfadden22 said:

Could somebody please explain how Price gets selected for Edinburgh before Vellacott

Probably part of the loan deal 

23 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Edinburgh getting refereed into submission here.

can't be true 

Posted (edited)

Wasn't even within a million miles of the most debatable decision in the match. That was when Snyman hit Healy late, it lead to the usual petty shoving, absolutely run-of-the-mill stuff that always ends with nothing more than captains being told "we don't need that" yet somehow Munster got a penalty.

Yet again a referee doesn't deal with Munster's skullduggery around the ruck. I'm so completely sick of hearing refs shout "hands off" four times to the same player. If you need to shout more than once they've slowed the ball down and it should be a pen. Conor Murray pushed it way too far and got a yellow for it, but he probably prevented a try.

There's something deeply unlikeable about Munster that the other Irish sides don't have, though Ulster have by far the worst fans I've ever come across. 

Edited by GordonS

Fumbled a potential home final in the last two games. I think the best Glasgow can hope for is a 2nd place finish if other results go their way and they get the bonus point win at home to Zebre.

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Fumbled a potential home final in the last two games. I think the best Glasgow can hope for is a 2nd place finish if other results go their way and they get the bonus point win at home to Zebre.

Saying they "fumbled" it is a bit harsh. Their position was always a little artificial because they hadn't been to South Africa while everyone else around them had. The 2 points they took last week were very ballsy. It got away from them yesterday when they had a 50-50 crack at a win but they were always underdogs in these two games and taking 2 points from them is 2 points more than most expected.

To be fair I thought Glasgow played OK in the first game, the 2 BP's as much as could be expected. However saturday gone was poor. They were in control at half time, were starting the 2nd half against 13 men and had 35 minutes with a man advantage and instead of keeping playing their game plan that had worked well in the first half, decide to go gun ho and fling the ball about and lost tries left right and centre. If they had applied the pressure gradually and ground out the first score or two they would have racked up a big win. Instead they lost the first try then were chasing the game which made things worse. 

There is a definite lack of control and leadership throughout the team and it didnt improve any given the experience they brought off the bench. They were 40 minutes away from topping the league (you assume its a bp win vs Zebre but you never know) now its 3rd or 4th - a home quarter at least, but your away at Munster / Leinster / Bulls in the semi. You would back Glasgow at home vs most teams away though is a different matter - granted a home league game is a different beast to a knock out. Its now likely to be Stormers or Ulster think I would prefer Ulster.

39 minutes ago, come on shire said:

We're feeding Edinburgh another player.

Ross Thompson heading from Glasgow Warriors to Edinburgh next season.

Im hoping this goes well as there is a player in there. About 18 months ago I was sure the Dobie and Thompson could have been the Scotland half back pairing for a long time to come, however injuries and whatever else behind the scenes has stopped that happening.

He is similar to Dobie in that the dont have a real standout trait, that one thing they are really good at that sets them apart, but they dont have any weaknesses, and they are just good at every facet of their position and they both have that knack of looking like they have time on the ball.

Thompson hopefully gets more game time at Edinburgh, at the moment it looks like his only competition is Ben Healy so hopefully can get a decent run of games under his belt

Former GHA, Ayrshire Bulls and Scotland U-18 prop Mike Scott is on the bench for the Waratahs on Saturday. 

An unusual case of a Scottish born and developed player going to Australia for a chance at pro level

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Former GHA, Ayrshire Bulls and Scotland U-18 prop Mike Scott is on the bench for the Waratahs on Saturday. 

An unusual case of a Scottish born and developed player going to Australia for a chance at pro level

What a boy.