Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

I'd like to see the pricing map. Leaving it out of the renewal email seems quite deliberate. 

How can they suddenly double the categories for seating/pricing? 

From the email - which you've presumably had but others won't have seen:

Stadium Review: Project 24/25

In last year’s renewal communication we announced our intention to undertake a full review of the stadium manifest, a project we called “Project 24/25”. It’s been ten years since we last undertook such an extensive review and much has changed in the intervening time, with many more internationals now being played than ever before, ranging from enormously popular games where demand significantly exceeds supply, to the games against lower ranked opposition which sometimes don’t generate the same level of interest. 

We are committed to making Scottish Gas Murrayfield more accessible and ensuring fans have the fairest possible access to tickets. The results of the Project 24/25 Review are summarised as follows:

The Scotland Season Pass retained as Scottish Rugby's premier multi-match package;

The introduction of different stadium seating configurations for the Autumn Nations Series and Guinness Six Nations matches;

The introduction of new payment options;

The introduction of new renewal options.

The vast majority of current auto-renewing customers have been given the opportunity to renew their Season Pass(es) in their current seat(s), with a small number being moved in order to release seats that have been identified as part of the overall stadium accessibility project. 

Please review your personal Season Pass Information at the bottom of this email to see if your seat(s) are affected.

NEW: Stadium Seating Configurations

We are constantly reviewing our pricing policy to provide fans with the widest range of tickets and offers to suit all budgets, to allow the fairest possible access to tickets. To ensure we have more seats available to accommodate our family-friendly offers (e.g. Groups & Schools Offer, Free Kids Offer, U18s tickets) this season will see the introduction of two different stadium layouts: one for the Autumn Nations Series, and one for the Guinness Six Nations Championship.

The vast majority of seats currently occupied by Scotland Season Pass holders will remain in the same category for both series of games. However, some Season Pass seats straddle categories so their holders will have a hybrid Season Pass, where their category for the Autumn Nations Series will be different to the one for the Guinness Six Nations. As the Season Pass is the sum of the individual tickets for each game, to accommodate those seats straddling the two stadium layouts, the Season Pass will now be categorised Category 1-7. 

Please review your seat category in "Your Personal Season Pass Information" section at the bottom of this email.

Edited by GordonS

On 29/03/2024 at 18:58, ajwffc said:

also remember it is seven games this year 

I said as much in my post. It's exactly the same as two years ago - Ireland, Wales and Italy in the 6N, Fiji and Australia in both autumns, and this time South Africa and Portugal instead of New Zealand and Argentina. It's a slightly weaker set of opponents for double the cost.

Edited by GordonS

11 hours ago, ajwffc said:

To be fair I though McGuigan comes across well in that on everything other than keeping Toonie. Whether its a case of he has just listened to the fans and clubs and is saying what he thinks they want to hear or whether he actually delivers change is another matter.

I get the impression that the main focus is getting in a new CEO and Performance Director and adding in a head coach to that is too much at the moment (and likely eat into the budget too much as well), but wouldnt be suprised if we get the same next year it will be left to the new performance director to get rid and find a replacement they are happy with - given he wants the CEO to have a say in the new performance director. 

On 29/03/2024 at 13:39, GordonS said:

Mine has tripled. Was Bronze, the lowest category, now category 3 out of 7. Our seats were in the south-east corner upper, there's no map of the new categories. FK the SRU, shower of grasping middle class pr*cks.

Last year I paid £210 for an adult, £110 for an U18. Not comparable though, because that was only for 5 games and next season has 7, and we had World Cup warm-ups instead of proper autumn tests.

The season before last is a straight comparison, same 6 Nations games against Ireland, Wales and Italy, and 4 autumn tests. For that they charged £313 for an adult, £184 for an U18. £44.71 and £26.29 per match. Now they want £605 adult, £305 child, or £86.43 and £43.57 per match.

It's doubled in price per game in two years. It's more than triple what I paid when I first got these seats 7 years ago. If I can't get a move to category 7 seats with a decent view, which is obviously unlikely, that's us done. Even if I can get a move, we've got to know the people we sat around, it was the same folk for the past 7 years and that's done now. I'm really, really disappointed. The big wee fella hates them even more than I do, he doesn't watch much other than Scotland and I think this'll put him off rugby altogether.

Watching home games on TV because we've been priced out would leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 13.24.22.png

That's a sickening increase. 

Finally got through to the SRU ticket centre, after two spells of more than half an hour at a time on hold to them earlier in the week. They don't have a map of the categories, which strikes me as either amateur or manipulative. New category 7 is the back 8 rows behind the goals (rows PP to WW), into the west corners, plus the very front of the west stand. Category 6 is mostly the 8 or so rows in front of category 7 (rows HH-OO).

My son and I are talking about not renewing and going to one away game each season instead.

2 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I thought that the disallowed try for them was maybe a bit harsh. 

Nah, he was carrying it in one hand, dropped it, and never regained control before it hit the ground.

Glasgow really struggling with the physicality at the moment

Couple of very tight 50-50s there. Quins shovel it back with their hands as Glasgow counter ruck, but we get pinged for diving over it.

And that one, the Glasgow player hits the arm and Care drops it.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Couple of very tight 50-50s there. Quins shovel it back with their hands as Glasgow counter ruck, but we get pinged for diving over it.

And that one, the Glasgow player hits the arm and Care drops it.

Now he's going to give Harlequins either a try or yellow to Glasgow. I'm fact there it is. 

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Yip. they dropped the scrum and we got pinged for offside.

He's been a disgrace to be honest, but no point saying it as it's not allowed