Rugby Union

kiwififer

I admit to not being the biggest rugby union fan, but I swear, every single Scotland rugby union thread I read on here, it’s moaning about the referees. Blaming the referees, saying the referees are not punishing the opposition, saying the opposition are getting away with murder, while the plucky Scots team are playing by the rules.

Honest to goodness. Every. Fcuking. Time.

Tell me I’m wrong.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

No chance Townsend is in charge next year.  Surel?  

2 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Well this summer's the perfect chance to start a transition.

I don't mean this as a "Well then you can't sack him" that you sometimes get in football, but who would you consider candidates to replace him?

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I don't mean this as a "Well then you can't sack him" that you sometimes get in football, but who would you consider candidates to replace him?

Yogi Hughes 

I know he has a club gig lined up, but I’m sure Dave Rennie could be convinced.  

anybody would be an improvement

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I admit to not being the biggest rugby union fan, but I swear, every single Scotland rugby union thread I read on hear, it’s moaning about the referees. Blaming the referees, saying the referees are not punishing the opposition, saying the opposition are getting away with murder, while the plucky Scots team are playing by the rules.

Tell me I’m wrong.

There is an issue in rugby that bigger teams get the decisions.

When we play the likes of Tonga it's us who benefits.

That all being said, we are losing today because Ireland are the better team.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Just now, pozbaird said:

I admit to not being the biggest rugby union fan, but I swear, every single Scotland rugby union thread I read on hear, it’s moaning about the referees. Blaming the referees, saying the referees are not punishing the opposition, saying the opposition are getting away with murder, while the plucky Scots team are playing by the rules.

Tell me I’m wrong.

There's a lot that could be said here, but bottom line for me is that since Nigel Owens retired the standard of refereeing has collapsed. Owens always said the hardest bit about refereeing, the key to it, is knowing when not to blow the whistle. Wayne Barnes is the last referee above the level of acceptable. They're a self-perpetuating shower of weirdos. 

Refereeing at club rugby level is much better and there's a remarkable disconnect between them. To take one example, at club level they don't stand for that elongated ruck nonsense you see constantly at pro level.