Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Nothing to see here, stop blaming refs, get treated the same as everyone else, etc, etc, etc

Screenshot_2024-03-17-18-30-40-25_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

That’s absolutely on the players.  Piss poor discipline throughout the tournament. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s absolutely on the players.  Piss poor discipline throughout the tournament. 

A disparity that size, considering we dominated large periods of most games is not absolutely on the players.

On 17/03/2024 at 18:31, GAD said:

Nothing to see here, stop blaming refs, get treated the same as everyone else, etc, etc, etc

Screenshot_2024-03-17-18-30-40-25_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I dont know how you expect to be winning games if you give away on average 6 more penalties per game than the team you are playing.

Also, just looking at our drop off in the 2nd half, the full table for the score at half time is as follows,

Won Lost For Against dif Points
Ireland 5 0 72 24 48 20
Scotland 4 1 78 40 38 17
France 3 2 66 60 6 14
Italy 2 3 44 65 -21 9
Wales 1 4 31 73 -42 5
England 0 5 47 76 -29 4

So we were ahead in all games expect Ireland (and only 1 point down) at half time, before collapsing in all the games. Also shows how good England were 2nd half of there games coming back from losing in all games to winning 3 and only losing 2 with a +24 points swing compared to Scotland's -38 point swing in the 2nd half

1st half we were 78 for 40 against in points, compared to 2nd half of 37 for 75 against (115 for 115 against total).

Also Autumn Internationals announced as follows

Scotland's autumn fixtures

• 2 November - Scotland v Fiji (kick-off 17:40 GMT)
  • 10 November - Scotland v South Africa (16:10)
  • 16 November - Scotland v Portugal (15:10)
  • 24 November - Scotland v Australia (13:40)

Looks a decent split against Tier 2 nations / winnable games and playing South Africa.

Yeah I'm all for looking at how certain teams regularly aren't penalised because of who they are, but to suggest that a gap that big is for any reason other than Gormless Gregor's band of losers getting upset and shipping penalties when the game's going against them is barking imo.

Also just saw that the Italian fullback pushed his teammates away to do the Ronaldo celebration after scoring on Saturday and having never previously agreed with it I'm now in favour of removing them from the 6 Nations. 

That break down in full

Wales 4 16 Scotland Penalties Conceded
Wales 1 6  Scotland Offensive Penalties Conceded
Wales 3 10 Scotland Defensive Penalties Conceded

Scotland 6 9 France Penalties Conceded
Scotland 2 2 France Offensive Penalties Conceded
Scotland 4 7 France Defensive Penalties Conceded

Scotland 10 5 England Penalties Conceded
Scotland 5  2 England  Offensive Penalties Conceded
Scotland 5  3 England  Defensive Penalties Conceded

Italy 5 12 Scotland Penalties Conceded
Italy 2 5  Scotland Offensive Penalties Conceded
Italy 3 7 Scotland Defensive Penalties Conceded

Ireland 4 13 Scotland Penalties Conceded
Ireland 1 4  Scotland Offensive Penalties Conceded
Ireland 2 9  Scotland Defensive Penalties Conceded

We couldn't play our running game in poor weather, especially in the 1st half. Cardiff made it worse by employing a high defensive line knowing we were at a disadvantage with the weather and the internationalists being away.

However, whilst the weather was better in the 2nd half, the fact we rolled our sleeves up and found a way to win is the main thing. 

Nice to see former Dingwall Academy pupil Jake Henry getting a debut try in what was one of the few positives for Edinburgh over in SA.

Although the U20s have struggled over the last few years, we really could do with a handful from each year making the step up for the pro teams, and on to the national stage. I'd say this is a pretty important period for Scottish rugby - it's as good a team as we've had in a long time, Edinburgh & Glasgow in particular are doing alright but there's a clear mental barrier stopping us from becoming a top, top side.

Scotland should have put 50 on Wales and Italy, beat France and went into the game against Ireland with a shot at the grand slam. Instead, we won 2 from 5 and another campaign has just petered out.

The price of my season pass has more than doubled! What's the justification for that? 

Was classed as silver, is now category 3! They've got 7 price categories for the upcoming Autumn tests/Six nations. 

My ticket was £290 it's now £600.

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

The price of my season pass has more than doubled! What's the justification for that? 

Was classed as silver, is now category 3! They've got 7 price categories for the upcoming Autumn tests/Six nations. 

My ticket was £290 it's now £600.

Mine has tripled. Was Bronze, the lowest category, now category 3 out of 7. Our seats were in the south-east corner upper, there's no map of the new categories. FK the SRU, shower of grasping middle class pr*cks.

Last year I paid £210 for an adult, £110 for an U18. Not comparable though, because that was only for 5 games and next season has 7, and we had World Cup warm-ups instead of proper autumn tests.

The season before last is a straight comparison, same 6 Nations games against Ireland, Wales and Italy, and 4 autumn tests. For that they charged £313 for an adult, £184 for an U18. £44.71 and £26.29 per match. Now they want £605 adult, £305 child, or £86.43 and £43.57 per match.

It's doubled in price per game in two years. It's more than triple what I paid when I first got these seats 7 years ago. If I can't get a move to category 7 seats with a decent view, which is obviously unlikely, that's us done. Even if I can get a move, we've got to know the people we sat around, it was the same folk for the past 7 years and that's done now. I'm really, really disappointed. The big wee fella hates them even more than I do, he doesn't watch much other than Scotland and I think this'll put him off rugby altogether.

Watching home games on TV because we've been priced out would leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 13.24.22.png

Edited by GordonS