Rugby Union

kiwififer

Scotland had to play the USA but Italy only have to play Tonga? Feels like they get an easier game.

Going to the Japan match on Saturday. Haven't managed to convince a single person to come with me, but I get free entry with my 'season pass' so decided I may as well go.

Scotland had to play the USA but Italy only have to play Tonga? Feels like they get an easier game.

Going to the Japan match on Saturday. Haven't managed to convince a single person to come with me, but I get free entry with my 'season pass' so decided I may as well go.

Scotland played Tonga as well. The difference is we got the USA whereas Italy got Wales who are pish.

Scotland have played Tonga, Italy's inter-group match was against Wales. In any case Tonga on paper are a cracking side and certainly shouldn't be described as 'only Tonga'. I've mentioned earlier in the thread that they were probably the next best fancied team outwith the 'big 3' pre tournament. I've a feeling the way Italy have been playing that they will sneak this one but i'd expect a tight one, possibly just one play the difference.

Regardless of how it pans out over the weekend, the Scotland squad should be proud of their efforts and performances. All 3 of their games have been fantastic entertainment.

I'm going to the final at Old Trafford but kind of wish I had spent the money on a trip or two to Workington instead.

'Only have to play Tonga'? As Christophe has said, Tonga are a very decent team when they actually want to play and can beat anyone in this tournament outside possibly the big 3 of Aus, NZ and Eng. They are packed full of NRL stars but as Polynesian players sadly are they lack a bit of discipline which is their one main problem and has so far shown this tournament. I personally think they have rocked up to their games so far and just expected to win instead of working hard and showing why they are the favoured team. Italy on the otherhand were expected to be minnows especially over in the UK population but down here we know that a decent number of NRL players are in the side (like 6 or possibly 7 off the top of my head) that they weren't going to be pushovers. The game could go either way as this tournament has suggested but I still expect Tonga to lift last minute and win to help the Scots. USA on the otherhand have performed way above their expectations but that's as far as it goes for them.

Regardless of how it pans out over the weekend, the Scotland squad should be proud of their efforts and performances. All 3 of their games have been fantastic entertainment.

I'm going to the final at Old Trafford but kind of wish I had spent the money on a trip or two to Workington instead.

The Scots should be very pleased of their performances and have shocked quite a few. I still think you will get your money's worth from the GF ticket than 2 pool games in Workington as you will see a much better level of Rugby League and far better players out on show and who knows it may even be a cracker of an end to end game.

The Japan game would have been much better at Pittodrie, would have been a sell out and a great atmosphere , just like the Tonga match a while back.

Full time 22-8 Scotland.

Unbeaten in the tournament but still we need Tonga to beat Italy to go through.

Really enjoyed last night.

We kept our composure, smashing comeback and it gives us a real chance.

Shame the crowd was fairly low. Btw, while Salford is a nice stadium its transport links are nightmareish!!