Rugby Union

kiwififer

Aye, I learned that today- thought that a clear punch would have been a red rather than a yellow. Probably wouldn't have mattered though. We played well enough but only had one break where Lamont was held up inches short- apart from that we never looked like scoring a try.

If the Aussie kicker (no chance at spelling his name) had been on form it would have been a much clearer margin of victory.

edit: Hogg and Visser back for the 6N would make a difference, our centres are still crap and have been for years now.

Edited by Fuctifano

Although for the most a football fan I've always liked the respect for referee in rugby and their willingness to use video technology......but surely you shouldn't just be cautioning a player for punching another in the face.

Think is was only a yellow and 10 in the bin and not a red due to it being a reaction to being held by the Scotland player.

Todays match at the Aviva was simply stunning, Ireland in the first half produced as good a performance as you will ever see in a test match by any side,complete surprise but set up the second half beautifully . Incredible last passage of play by the All Blacks, that is why they are the best I suppose but heartbreaking for Ireland, it'll be interesting to see how they bounce back from this for the 6 Nations, they still have quality players and could be in the running but this defeat may take a while to get over.

The most dissapointing aspect of the Scotland game was the lack of creative play for scotland, considering Scotland were a converted try away from winning the match for a considerable time in the second half and by and large created nothing is worrying, all in all you'd have to say it was a poor autumn campaign from Scotland and you'd have to worry about the 6N

Edited by Co.Down Hibee

I think Scotland will do ok in the 6 nations, we had our 3 main attacking players in Hogg, Visser and Scott out injured.

I think only Visser is long term (hogg played for Glasgow at the weekend), and the main aim of the autumn internationals was to blood more players, which I think he could have done more off. Dissapointed Bennett didn't get any game time, but dont think he wanted to risk him at centre along with Taylor, with him only having played a handfull of games as well.

I think Scotland will do ok in the 6 nations, we had our 3 main attacking players in Hogg, Visser and Scott out injured.

I think only Visser is long term (hogg played for Glasgow at the weekend), and the main aim of the autumn internationals was to blood more players, which I think he could have done more off. Dissapointed Bennett didn't get any game time, but dont think he wanted to risk him at centre along with Taylor, with him only having played a handfull of games as well.

I don't think the problem is the ball once it's on the wing, it's getting it out there. For the one time in ten that we don't opt for Denton throwing himself against brick walls, the ball out of the ruck/scrum seems to go about 20 yards backwards and you're lucky to get the ball back to the gainline by the time contact is made. I'm assuming it's how the 10s are being told to play but didn't seem particularly fruitful.